Time for some fun.. a Xbox IP tier list

Out of curiosity, where would you put POE/Avowed?

Oh shoot! Thanks for reminding me! I believe POE is one of the weirdest/hardest ones to rank. POE on it’s own is C tier just because of it’s niche appeal. POE’s lore and world building in a Skyrimesque universe has A tier potential.

Agreed. It’s a B for me in terms of quality, an A/S in terms of potential and a C in terms of current brand value. It’s weird.

Agree. Playing it now and it’s a well written game. Wish Sawyer was involved in the big project but they have a good foundation to build off of. That world in first person 3D could really be awe inspiring. I also like that it’s not afraid to be really dark. Game doesn’t pull punches.

Updated my list. Added potential IPs. lol

1 Like

Agreed there too. Tbh, unless Ghostwire and Deathloop are big hits I don’t see them getting sequels. I see MS preferring new IP or established ones like Dishonored and Evil Within. Making a sequel to a PS timed exclusive is odd, especially as it would likely be exclusive, but hwy, that didn’t stop Hellblade. Granted, I think had Hellblade not been the major critical, audience and commercial success it was, Hellblade 2 would not be made or certainly not pushed as hard as MS is doing.

Everyone not putting MSFS in the top tier is now officially on my shit list :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Now that they’re on Game Pass, I could see them getting sequels. Your Hellblade example is perfect. If the studios are passionate about continuing to further those franchises, I believe Microsoft will let them. They definitely don’t want to lose Mikami. The only tough part is that they won’t launch on Game Pass. They’ll launch on a platform with a base who knows they won’t see the sequels therefore it’s going to hurt the sales on Playstation. May loose buzz by the time it hits Xbox. While I know Microsoft said they will honor their deal, I hope they can work out the finances, give Sony something back for their investment and see those games release day and date on Xbox. Would be good for the future sustainability of those IPs.

1 Like

I hope they go into Game Pass PC day one. Not sure if Sony’s deal restricts that. It would do a lot to get the word out and multiplatform people such as me can hype it up in Xbox circles. I’m not sure if I’ll buy Deathloop at launch (Ghostwire more likely, looks right up my alley), but having both in Game Pass would get me in day one.

1 Like

LOL! Initially forgot it on my list. I’d love to see Quake come to consoles. Unreal Championship was my jam back in 2002. There hasn’t been anything quite like those mindless twitch shooters on consoles since Unreal retired.

Oops… Forgot Hellblade and Quake.

There’s so many IPs now. How does anyone keep track of them?

1 Like

A bit off topic, but on the site you shared I found a link to a bracket making site.

MS has 23 studios. If we throw in Asobo, or take out Roundhouse (as we haven’t seen any games from them since they were changed from Human Head) or Initiative, we can do a studio bracket match. Any interest?

We can also do one for IP.

I refuse to play this if there’s no SS tier for Viva Piñata alone. Shameful.

2 Likes

This is the how big / popular / powerful the IP is list

For comparison, no Sony IP would be S tier and only Mario would be S from Nintendo. Yup

I feel like this one might piss off some people :joy: I’ve pretty much not played any of the C/D games so it’s not that I hate them.

Forza up top with Minecraft. Halo and gears dropping a but for me but horizon will keep Forza up there for awhile.

Oh shit wait VP should be at least B. Will redo when Quake, PGR and Hellblade are added.

This one…

…seems about right. :blush:

1 Like

Aww man, so sad seeing SoD so low in most of these lists… To be fair I know my personal choices will offend, sorry not sorry! Needs Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon here btw.

1 Like

Interested in a Xbox games studio version of this in the future