Obviously there are also some new IP that haven’t been included yet:

• Starfield
  • Avowed (which is actually Pillars…)
  • Deathloop
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Grounded

Edit: I noticed how I don’t explained my argument lol

Offensive. :wink:

Phil prioritizes RPGs so I could see the RPGs getting the spotlight in marketing and being the most played ones as well. I expect doom to bring in tons of players since its all over my twitter feed anyways

I expect Flight and Forza to get constant updates and be a staple for the same. Considering how quickly they made Wolfenstein I expect them to be synonymous with Xbox to the point it gets added to the halo gears forza meme if they still continue to push that.

I could see the ones in B tier being big releases but not the biggest games those years since I assume one installment of the ones I put in S or A tier will come out in every year and a half

I see Wasteland and Evil within getting thier niche but they won’t be the big games people will bring up when talking about XGS games they are hyped for

I think the D tier franchises will probably stay dead for a long while so won’t be important to Xbox for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

S Tier - Viva Piñata

Everything else, who cares about?

1 Like

There are some IP’s in that D tier that should be alive though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. Stuff like PD Banjo and viva pinata would do well now I think

Especially PD now that arkane is XGS. They could help the dev with the mechanics if they don’t do it themselves. That would be good imo.

Imgur

This is the correct version.

Shows how good the recent acquisition was with two S-tier IP.

2 Likes

This is based on potential in the market to make an impact, not my personal opinions (I don’t care at all about Elder Scrolls)

1 Like

Here’s mine -

3 Likes

Quake wasn’t on the list of IP’s. Would probably be a C.

1 Like

Well, here is my tier list. Obviously Killer Instinct is S+ but well, that’s why it is in first position in S rank

(If it doesn’t get noticed, I’m mostly only a fighting games player :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Forza and forza horizon under just forza?

To preface: The only ones I played in any seriousish capacity are in S & A. B are simply the games I never played (or barely)

My Personal List (Unranked means Unplayed which I need to fix) Also Doom is lower than where it’ll probably end up. Playing them again now (I hated 2016 the first time I played because I got motion sick. I futzed with the settings and am having much more fun now.)

This is probably where I would list in terms of brand value (D can be changed with more games ;), C and D are unranked)

Didn’t want to login :sweat_smile:

I’m trying to rank based on a balance of commercial and critical success. Think of these tiers like players on a sports team.

• S tier - These are the mega franchises that can still shake the industry. The MVP candidates within the entire industry.
  • A tier - Superstars but not MVP candidates. Household names. While not industry shakers, they are still prominent enough to move people to the platform.
  • B tier - These are All Star who were either once Superstars and now past their prime or rising players with potential. Good franchises but don’t have the commercial power to move platforms.
  • C tier - These are good roles players. Critically well received games without high mainstream appeal or have a passionate niche fanbases.
  • D tier - Time to retire. You need to hang it up. You’re hurting the team whenever you get into the game.

Explanations:

• Halo and Elder Scrolls have potential to move people across platforms if great.
  • Fallout could’ve been a S tier…but 76 happened. We’ll call it a MVP candidate who suffered a major injury. Fable should probably be B tier today but the team and funding behind it make me believe it’s going to break out this gen.
  • Perfect Dark has the chance to be a Superstar again due to nostalgia and team behind it. Think it’s taking steroids. Sea of Thieves keeps improving every year. Gears is past it’s prime and I’m not sure it can ever get back.
  • In the C group, I believe State of Decay and Viva Pinata have the most potential to jump tiers. State of Decay is like that unrefined, raw player with all types of potential. Just needs polish and fundamentals. Viva Pinata could shine in the right role. Killer Instinct could be one of the best role players in the group.

For IPs I wasn’t able to rank:

• Mech Assault - B tier with the most potential to become a mega franchise in the right hands
  • Shadowrun - C tier due to how little mindshare it has. Has incredible potential under a great coach.
  • Crimson Skies - C tier
  • Lost Odyssey - C tier with potential to rate much higher with a good studio behind it
  • PGR - B tier talent (and my favorite racing game) that’s been prematurely retired due to no room on the roster
  • Fuzion Frenzy - C tier but perfect niche party game to bring back on the cheap
  • Crackdown - D tier - had potential but that was a career ending injury in 2018
  • Quake - C tier but could have a solid role off the bench today
  • Pillars of Eternity (not Avowed) - C tier

Predictions for Unreleased games:

• Avowed - A tier because Pillars has great world building and lore to create a Skyrim-esque game around
  • Ghostwire Tokyo - C tier. With the talent behind it, should be a good game but will likely suffer the same fate as Evil Within.
  • Deathloop - C tier. Similar to above. Gut feeling it’ll be in the Dishonored category.
  • Everwild - B tier. This is like ranking a player after only seeing them in a workout and not a live game…but damn it’s pretty.

1 Like