This Gen is The smallest visual Leap so far!

If I had to guess BF will shock people this holiday and also Horizon 5.

Those will be true 9th gen WOW moments methinks.

1 Like

Yes, particularly when you don’t cherry pick a gif for the sake of your narrative.

1 Like

Horizon 5 imo will look very similar in scope to FH4 because it shall still be cross gen and running on an older version of Forzatech while Turn10 continues to revamp the next version for FM8 and forward. At least that’s what I think is happening.

The next Horizon will however be the absolute most breathtaking racer ever released and a true 9th gen wow moment, that much I am confident in.

But yeah, the problem is FH4 already looked crazy good lol so there shall be some diminishing returns with FH5, especially when they shall still be servicing those dogshit jaguar cpus if it is indeed cross gen which I believe it will be.

Playground Games are wizards. They’re going to make a stunning cross gen looking game with FH5 and will be able to make the true “next gen” showcase Xbox needs right now.

FH5 will be awesome visually, no doubt about it, but FH next will be something monstruous ^^

2 Likes

It will take time, but I expect the best is yet to come for Xbox.

Last gen we had Gears 4 and 5, the Forza games and Halo 5 to an extent showing truly impressive visuals. This generation we’re going to get Fable and I have a feeling visually it’s going to be amazing. We’re gonna get several RPGs actually exclusive to Xbox, that’s a new genre to have exclusive games of and I expect many will look amazing.

Take Wukong, that’s a real nice leap and the devs actually want it to look even better when they show it off again. Kena, another one. Visually looks great. Cross Gen, sure but looks really good. Overall though, so far we haven’t had something like a Ryse or Killzone yet. Both games visually truly stunned right from the start of the last gen.

Kinda demonstrates my point, that gif is actually from R+C 2016 for ps4 :joy: You actually thought that gif was from rift apart lol.

Except…you know, how it doesn’t.

Please explain.

I’m posting from a cell phone. I thought your gif looked like shit and in no way matched what I’ve seen. I posted gifs that showed exactly that.

And…?

Maybe it is was just an accident, why do automatically go to the negative and accuse me of cherry picking…

Dont be rude. I spend far more time and effort with my posts and you just come in here with dumb drive bys.

And even with your gifs, it still dont show the kinda of leap from ps3 to x1 or n64 to PS2…

I dont get why people are getting so triggered by the fact that the visual leap so far is not as big as prior gen its weird its like people have been brainwashed by marketing.

I graphical terms, I agree. Maybe we are reaching that phase of diminishing returns. But I see bigger improvements on lighting, shadows and ambient as a whole.

2 Likes

While I think more time will certainly provide better visuals, I dont think the majority X1/PS4 games will feel as dated as most 360/ps3 feel now, theres outlyers like gears 3, but going back to native 360/ps3 games is pretty rough, I think last gen games will age better.

I’m gonna have to disagree. Forza Horizon 2 was a good leap over the original despite being a cross-gen game. I mean, obviously, FH5 won’t reach its full potential in terms of graphics due to being cross-gen, but I still expect a noticeable improvement over 4.

3 Likes

Guess we’ll see, nothing you say actually results in something bad, in fact it’s the opposite lol so I’d be the happiest to be proven wrong haha

1 Like

Looks like a great jump from PS4 to PS5 to me!

PS5:

PS4:

PS3:

This gen is yet to show a graphical jump.

BUT, the biggest thing we should be hyped about in this gen is optimizations with the objective of upping the framerate.

60 fps needs to be the standard going forward, it won’t matter how pretty your game is if it goes away the instant movement happens and you lose most of the details in the action. Be it native or a performance mode, 60 fps is the leap for this gen.

1 Like

I dont know Demon Souls looked pretty next gen to me when I played it graphics wise and Ratchet looks super pixar like.

This won’t age super well… You haven’t seen the jump yet. Watch the UE5 demo and then imagine top tier studios spending years with the tech. In 2024/2025 we are going to see some incredible things on this hardware. Honestly I’m expecting it to be far larger than the 360 → XB1 jump, at least for games with big enough budgets to handle the production requirements.

Yes and using low bit rate gifs is a horrible way to get your point across.

1 Like

Try doing that comparison with other things like environments and effects…