The Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase - June 12th

z1n5puopkwo11

While Xbox’s Summer Game Show is still presumably a few months away, there is a lot of discussion to be had on what will be there. This “E3” should be the one where Xbox pulls the cork and shows what numerous teams are working on.

Starfield? Redfall? Avowed? Forza Motorsport? Fable? Hellblade II? Contraband? Halo Infinite DLC? So many games could be shown. What are your expectations?

15 Likes

I’m expecting the following -

Gameplay trailers -

1. As Dusk Falls
  2. Avowed
  3. Contraband
  4. Fable
  5. Forza Motorsport
  6. Redfall
  7. Starfield

Reveal trailers -

1. Compulsion’s New IP (CGI)
  2. Sawyer’s new IP (CGI/gameplay)
  3. Wolfenstein III (CGI/gameplay)

Add On Content -

1. Flight Simulator (new content)
  2. Forza Horizon 5 (their first expansion/gameplay)
  3. Grounded (full release announcement with new content)
  4. Halo Infinite (campaign expansion trailer and battle royal trailer)
  5. Sea of Thieves (new content)

Third Party -

1. A Plague Tale Requiem (gameplay trailer, day one Game Pass, release date, late August)
  2. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order 2 (gameplay trailer, release date, reveal in May)
  3. Warhammer Darktide (gameplay trailer, day one Game Pass, September)
  4. Ubisoft game (Far Cry spin off game or Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Basim spin off game)
  5. Gotham Knights (gameplay trailer, marketing deal (thus far, it’s been independent)

Indies -

1. Indie Game Montage (all day one Game Pass)
4 Likes

I will go with the assumption that Bethesda’s showcase is gonna be separate.

Bethesda Showcase →

Gameplay trailers

• Redfall
  • Starfield

Reveal trailers

• Wolfenstein 3
  • Zenimax Online Game
  • Quake

Add On Content

• The Elder Scrolls Online
  • The Fallout 76

Xbox Showcase →

Gameplay trailers

• Avowed
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Contraband
  • Starfield (at the end, short reveal trailer akin Skyrim’s)

Reveal trailers

• Compulsion
  • Sawyer’s game

Add On Content

• Flight Simulator
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Grounded
  • Halo Infinite (BR + Forge probaby + Campaign expansion)
  • Sea of Thieves

Third party

• some random stuff

Indies

• some random stuff
2 Likes

I like what @peter42O has done so :

Gameplay trailers -

1. As Dusk Falls
  2. Avowed
  3. Contraband
  4. Forza Motorsport
  5. Redfall
  6. Starfield
  7. Project Pentiment
  8. Project Belfry

Reveal trailers -

1. Compulsion’s New IP (CGI)
  2. Sawyer’s new IP (Pentiment) (CGI/gameplay)
  3. Wolfenstein III (CGI/gameplay)
  4. Belfry (Stoic Games project)
  5. Japanese partner game
  6. Gears 6
  7. Kojima’s Game (CGI)
  8. Age of Empires IV Add-on + Xbox version

Add On Content -

1. Flight Simulator (new content)
  2. Forza Horizon 5 (their first expansion/gameplay)
  3. Grounded (full release announcement with new content)
  4. Halo Infinite (Battle royal trailer and campaign tease)

Third Party -

1. A Plague Tale Requiem (gameplay trailer, day one Game Pass, release date, late August)
  2. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order 2 (gameplay trailer, release date, reveal in May)
  3. Warhammer Darktide (gameplay trailer, day one Game Pass, September)
  4. Ubisoft game (Far Cry spin off game or Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Basim spin off game)
  5. Gotham Knights (gameplay trailer, marketing deal (thus far, it’s been independent)
  6. Bloober new game.

Indies -

1. Indie Game Montage (all day one Game Pass)
2 Likes

Ill be Happy with Wolfenstein 3 alone

If they actually manage to get Soul Hackers 2 on XGP, that’d make my day honestly.

Predictions aside from the already announced stuff:

• Forza Horizon 5 expansion
  • Sawyer’s game.
  • New Sea of Thieves expansion.
  • Coalition’s side-project. Personal guess that it’s more Tactics-like gameplay-wise. Blend between the mainline and Tactics spin-off similarly to Yakuza 7
  • New Dontnod game
  • Gears 6 teaser.

Yeah, looking at this I do believe that two showcases is a way forward. Especially with Blizzard and Acitvision in the future. It looks like 2-3 hours at least which is a lot.

I could see Xbox Showcase closing with Starfield trailer, but Starfield deep dive happening on Bethesda Showcase.

I wonder if we’ll get a new look at Everwild. Game seems like a trainwreck at this point given all the troubles and complete rebooting of it. It’s at minimum a few years out though so I think Microsoft is going to focus on more immediate titles this summer.

Don’t want to see it again until they can show gameplay

2 Likes

And release date.

1 Like

Official reveal Belfry Pentiment CA Monster Hunter Game Killer Instinct Compulsion

Gameplay reveals Starfield Redfall Fable Avowed Perfect Dark Contraband Forza

Live service new content Halo Sea of thieves Fallout 76 ESO Forza Horizon Grounded

I have no idea what to think about third parties. I think Hellblade and Everwild are no shows. I’d like to see some kind of Japanese partnership for a new game. They are at the point where they have so many things in development I can’t keep track of what’s been announced and what has the possibility of showing up. :joy:

Imagine FF7R & Persona collection (P3, P4, P5) Game Pass announcement :fire:

1 Like

For me Gameplay trailers no more Cgi please :yum:

Let’s F… Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :man_dancing:

I think there is a chance, however small it may be, of seeing ff14 announced for xbox at this “e3”

Their planned server expansion for North America is expected to hit in August of this year, so if there was any time to announce it for xbox, this would be the time. Hoping it does so y’all can join me on this wonderful game

I don’t expect a gameplay trailer or anything this year but I wouldn’t mind seeing an update on Everwild during an extended showcase such as concept art or a developer interview of what they are planning to do for the game.

Any reveal wil 90% be be CGI

1 Like

I dont think people have enough faith in the game for that to go over well. We have two trailers already so concept art is going backwards.

They need to go away and not come back until they can show people exactly what this game is, and the best way to do that is through gameplay.

My preference is one major 2 hour showcase every June. They have QuakeCon, BlizzCon, etc. as well as Gamescom, those Twitch Indie showcases, Tokyo Game Show, Paris Games Week (if it still exists), The Game Awards and if it returns, X0??. Microsoft has a small 45 minute or so showcase in early February yearly starting in 2023 and I don’t see why they need their own showcases unless it’s a 20 minute deep dive for a game.

2 hours is perfect. Most games will be 2-3 minutes at best. Indie montage could be like 10 games in 5 minutes. 30 second trailers. Starfield will be 20-30 minutes (im leaning towards 30) and close the showcase where Todd Howard says, “we hope you have enjoyed what you’ve seen and we’ll see you on November 11th”. I mean, it writes itself.

Also, Microsoft needs to make it clear that Bethesda (and eventually Activision) IS Xbox and that Microsoft is the parent company funding and running it all. In order to get people to tune in and watch their showcases, they need the more popular and bigger games (like COD eventually and BGS games) to drive people to watching the showcase. If you separate them, you end up getting those who’ll watch the one or two major games they want to see and ignore the rest which in my eyes, is not what they should be doing. Combine everything in one awesome 2 hour yearly showcase and done.

The thing is that when Microsoft announces the acquisition - most of the mass consumer folks already start to think that it is Microsoft compony without need to point it multiple times.

It becomes detrimental to their other games. Like who would think about Avowed or some other fantasy RPG when TES is announced? It overshadows everything.