The Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase - June 12th

Them other studios better step their game up then lol.

There is always ONE game that overshadows everything. Like I pity almost every game that will launch close to GTA6 or announced in the same show as GTA6 (though I guess T2 will do that indepedently)

I don’t think it would be a step backwards for it being at an extended showcase like they did last year.

Since it could be something Rare could give a quick update on after doing a segment on Sea Of Thieves. I also think an extended showcase could be a way we can hear more about other announced games that have been in development for a while and most likely won’t have a gameplay trailer during the main showcase such as Fable, State Of Decay 3, or Project Mara.

I just think to rebuild the trust of the community they are should show something concrete and substantial. This isn’t a regular game that is just still in development, it’s one that lacked clear direction and has been “rebooted”.

When they come back they gotta show that the game is on the right direction and they can’t do that without a substantial showing.

Phil will say gaming and our souls will feel free again

2 Likes

I personally did not like the idea of a separate extended showcase, felt to “oh they will show something, who cares”. I would rather have some other show under a different name.

I have been told every year for the past 4 years or so to “just wait for next year! That’s when things will kick off” and tbh I kinda expect that again simply to avoid disappointment.

I want to see Starfield and I think we will see a lot, that’s the only thing I expect really.

1 Like

I think the idea of it being “rebooted” and lacking a clear direction is a bit of a stretch. Maybe it did go through a reboot and maybe it didn’t have a clear direction but that can happen with basically any IP it even happened with Halo Infinite. https://www.thegamer.com/halo-infinite-long-development-cycle/

And overall I don’t mind what happens I just think it would be nice to get an update on games such as Everwild, Fable, State Of Decay 3, or Project Mara to see how they are progressing.

starfield, redfall grounded, and the next forza motasports are what I expect, we will also see Fallout 76 updates and the elderscrolls online updates most likely…maybe gears 6 and hellblade 2 but thats more hopeful. Like those would be my predicitions

I don’t think it was a bad idea since it was an extended version of the Xbox showcase since it went into more depth and detail with developer interviews rather than including it in the main show. But I can understand what you mean that people might have had higher expectations for it.

We are already at that time of the year?! Time went past so fast hehe!

On topic: I want to see and expect to see starfield, contraband, halo update, project belfry, forza motorsport, redfall, the pit update from fallout 76, new forza expansion, compulsion’s game CGI, update from sea of thieves and grounded and I have the feeling bethesda has something more to show.

Oh, and tons of gamepass games. Knowing that most of the games in the xbox showcase will be part of gamepass already makes it the best show for me! (Wild prediction: saints row will be gamepass day one and FF7R will be also added to the service)

2 Likes

you know, I could actually see a Yakuza esk announcement but for persona when it comes to game pass as well…I don’t think its likely but I could see it

1 Like

Sadly, I think that the others are right, people are salivating to crap all over it if a ten minute gameplay demonstration isn’t what is seen next of the game. Once a game has been reported to/actually had some development difficulties anything other than gameplay that they love will cause a reflexive negative response.

Persona 3 and 4 hitting Game Pass in June and July as a run up to Soul Hackers 2 release, lol. Will be announced at E3.

6 Likes

Starfield Special Edition Xbox / Starfield controller

Gamepass TV app / Xbox streaming stick

Forza Horizon DLC2

Forza Motorsport

Killer Instinct

Wolfenstein

Quake

Perfect Dark

Halo Battle Royal

Starfield

Classic Sega games coming to Gamepass

Persona 6

Classic Ubisoft games coming to Gamepass

Assassins Creed Japan

Goldeneye

There’s a pretty general shared idea of the games that are expected and extremely likely to be shown so I’m just gonna say the games I think are likely NOT gonna be shown:

Hellblade 2, Fable, Perfect Dark, Wolfenstein 3, Everwild.

1 Like

Add inXile’s game, The Outer Worlds 2, Indy, Gears 6 or the other smaller game by the Coalition IMO.

1 Like

Agree with most but I personally feel InXiles’s game has a chance of making a reveal trailer, not a great chance, but feel there’s a chance nonetheless. I predict one new XGS reveal (no Publishing and not Bethesda) and it’s either Compulsion’s game or InXile’s game, with the former being more likely.

Most of the mass casual consumer base won’t even realize that Microsoft owns Activision Blizzard even after they buy COD 2024 or whenever the first exclusive will be because they don’t pay attention to that stuff. And even if they do, they should still point it out. Focus on the strengths and hide the weaknesses. Having Activision and Bethesda are strengths. No reason to keep them separate.

By this thinking, then The Elder Scrolls VI will overshadow anything else Bethesda shows on their own showcase which in turn, means why show anything besides The Elder Scrolls VI?

Better for a game like Starfield or The Elder Scrolls VI to overshadow the rest of the showcase that people actually watched as opposed to these games overshadowing the rest of the showcase(s) that no one watched because all they cared about was one game.

In order to draw more people into Xbox and the eco-system, you use the COD’s and the TES’s of the world to do just that but you can’t do that if no one is watching the showcase.

Starfield for example should be shown last. You draw people in with wanting to see Starfield and they’ll watch the rest of the showcase which will get them more interested in other games regardless of if Starfield (or The Elder Scrolls VI years from now) overshadow the other games.

Better for games to be overshadowed as opposed to people not knowing they even exist.

1 Like

I feel like it may be further away then all the other games(besides ES VI), i.e., 2025, so I don’t think that they will reveal it this soon when there are a lot of other games coming out before it that can be shown.