The Verge: Size comparsion of Xbox Series S & X vs PS5

Back in 2013, all gamers who owned a Xbox 360 were expected to upgrade to Xbox One. For reasons well documented, that didn’t happen.

No way will that be the situation for Xbox One >>> Xbox Series S|X. I’m not saying Xbox will outsell PlayStation, but Xbox 2020 is on a different level compared to Xbox 2013. These days you don’t even need to own an Xbox to be part of the ecosystem.

As for the size comparison, well, if Series X is a fridge then PS5 is a bloody shed. Its funny seeing all the people elsewhere, writing off the accurate AR size renders eating crow now or just claiming PS5 is ‘big and beautiful!!!’. That split motherboard design for Series X is looking better by the day.

Series X is hardware which will blend into my lounge. PS5 is hardware I’d be embarrassed to have on display.

2 Likes

Yes, im getting the all Digital version, with straight sides it will look a lot better

I’m already seeing avid PlayStation fans now claiming they will wait for the slim version.

3 Likes

I saw one take saying that because the PS5 is so big people will think its very very powerful lol. Fanboys are so gross, they are worse then politicians.

1 Like

The PS5 is ridiculously big, so big it will be a legit issue getting in some people’s entertainment system.

I’m sorry but it is time to call out Cerny, he is not the genius wonder Sony fans make him out to be, two times in a row now he has been out engineered on spec’s for a console and the PS5 is so large it is going to be a logistical issue for a lot of people.

This is horrible engineering on show here. Weaker and ridiculous looking and to large for a lot of home’s

2 Likes

The PS5 is ugly to me. But I actually checked with both my kids who are in their twenties and moved out, and their opinion was different. My daughter loves it, and my son is indifferent. He’s more interested in Demon Soul’s remake, and she is all about Astro’s playroom. Both have preorders, and simply cannot believe that I am passing it up …

It seems the design is a problem for older gamers, while the younger generation likes it?

Sony fans are REALLY click happy and a bit on the cult side of the gaming community so not exactly anything to worry about.

3 Likes

Cant really take much from anecdotal evidence.

Design, art etc is subjective, the cool thing about the seriesX is that its engineering is innovative. The PS5 just makes the traditional console form factor bigger , like what xbox did with the OG xbox one.

1 Like

Yeah, there is pretty much nothing else you can say.

2 Likes

It’s not that Cerny isn’t smart, its just that MS finally poured resources and enabled their top engineers actually build something incredible.

When it’s all said and done, the Series X will end up in the guggenheim museum, just an absolute engineering marvel of form factor and power.

1 Like

PS5 continues to be the biggest and ugliest console in history.

The direct side by sides somehow make it so much worse lol.

3 Likes

Oh wow. I wonder what Ken Kutaragi thinks about PS5.

The PlayStation 5 is huge. I wonder how it stacks up against the original PlayStation 3, the original Xbox and the original Xbox One. Would love to see those size comparisons.

Xbox Series X being more powerful and balanced in a smaller form factor is truly the definition of Engineering Brilliance.

Controller wise, im not a fan of PS5 controller at all. I hated the touch pad on the PS4 controller as it’s nothing more than just an oversized world map button and for PS5, they made it bigger (smh) and hearing about all this vibration/adaptive shit turns me off completely. Not only did Microsoft have one or is it two (I forget) features already but at the end of the day, I just want a basic normal controller with excellent battery life, great response time and low input latency. Not a gimmick which is exactly how I see the PS5 controller and I don’t care how anyone spins it. If I wanted gimmicks, I would just stick with Nintendo.

The Xbox Series X controller is basically just perfectly what they already had which is exactly what I want. If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it and even more than that, don’t become Nintendo with the gimmicks. This is the third reason why I made the decision back in March to go with Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console. First was XSX simply being the better console and second being Game Pass which has become even more valuable after Microsoft acquired ZeniMax and added EA Play.

Game wise, like them or not, we all know that Sony’s first party exclusives will be amazing and is the only reason why I want to buy a PS5 but other than that, it will just sit there collecting dust. Well actually, when not in use, it will be wrapped up in a black garbage bag because that will look better in my TV stand than what the hell actually looks like.

If it wasn’t for Miles Morales and Ratchet between launch and April 2021, I wouldn’t have any games whatsoever for it until 2022. PS5 will be a good secondary exclusives only console that can come out of hiding/wrapping once a year. LMAO.

At least by the time I buy one, they should hopefully have an all black console model. Why they went white/black (or is it blue?) is beyond me. Futuristic my ass. If it was that, it would be more powerful and smaller than the Xbox Series X. UGH. Oh well, it is what it is.

Holy crap…it freaking dwarfs the old original 2001 Xbox. Someone should do the controller comparison next. PS5 to the Duke. LMAO.

3 Likes

Just an absolute monstrosity, this picture doesn’t even have the required stand that you have to screw on.

2 Likes

It’s the start of the new Gen.

PS has an engagement head start because of his past history.

Good thing, Xbox has provided a better hardware. So it has a good start as well.

Within one to three months we will know if there is any performance difference between the two or not.

After that, it will be Gamepass VS Sony’s popularity for the entire Gen period.

It has finally started :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Xbox will likely only report its Game Pass subscribers, already has a 15 million head start.

1 Like

The ugly part is subjective. I think it’s pretty bad looking but surprise there are people that love it. The size part is just poor engineering. That is not subjective.

Woof!

1 Like

it’s because they went with a traditional heat sink rather than a vapor chamber like the Xbox and so the heatsink takes up massive space

1 Like