The Ukraine conflict

Putin giving a masterclass in how not to do geopolitics.

3 Likes

YES!!!

Now it’s on the rest of the Nato countries to announce they will treat any aggression towards Finland and Sweden as if they already were Nato countries

2 Likes

Lol @ France and Germany trying to dictate what piece of land Ukraine is entitled to or not.

Take everything back if Ukraine has the fire power and funds to do so, Putin shouldn’t be appeased too because France and Germany are worried about gas/oil.

3 Likes

Historic day. I am honestly stunned at how fast this process has been, this is a new era. Russia truly screwed up big time, this was inconceivable just a few months ago for both Finland and Sweden.

Just the other week we entered a mutual security agreement with the UK. The US and other NATO countries have promised support and today our brothers and sisters in Norway, Denmark and Iceland issued security guarantees effective immediately.

It is truly a sight to behold, the unity and friendships shown is amazing. Together we will stand against the Russian hordes.

I do not agree with that analysis. The EU have not been tested in that way, and we all know how the biggest countries there are either dependant on Russian energy or being weird, like France. The true support in Europe lies in our neighbours and the hard af people in countries like Poland, who knows what the Russians can do and the UK who has taken a big role outside of the EU.

As for Putin trying to look tough, he just gained 800 miles of direct border with NATO. Great job!

1 Like

No worries. Zelensky learned from Minsk to not listen to us Germans.

1 Like

They are going full North Korea over there, aren’t they?

Let’s hope he’s way wrong about that, but I’m also done worrying about it.

1 Like

Seems like they’ll have to concede some territory if keeps going at this rate. Russia is figuring out it’s logistic issues.

This is relevant. Aired at the end of the Xbox stream today

https://youtu.be/RhHlZHbbIBE

6 Likes

I missed that. Thank you.

I can’t imagine what they are going through
 And some of the developpers are on the frontline, WTH ?! Fuck the ruscists !

Good job on MS for making them voices heard worldwide.

STALKER 2 is my most anticipated game with Starfield. I hope they can deliver. They deserve all the support so they can finish the game and release it in 2023.

3 Likes

No idea what to think of this. Yesterday I did see on Twitter that Ukraine forces indeed are doing really well.

As for a nuclear attack, wouldn’t this affect Russia just as much? That can’t be what they want. But if it were to come to this and Putin would resort to it, hopefully some people in the position to stop it, will stop him.

Russian president Vladimir Putin could deploy a nuclear strike against Ukraine after suffering humiliating defeats on the battlefield, a former senior US diplomat has warned.

Rose Gottemoeller, who served as Nato’s deputy secretary general between 2016 and 2019, voiced her fears after Ukraine retook much of Kharkiv province in less than a week.

Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, she praised Ukraine for its successes but cautioned that the Kremlin could respond in “unpredictable” ways.

“I fear they will strike back now in really unpredictable ways and in ways that may even involve weapons of mass destruction,” she said.

Although she believes the Kremlin would not launch intercontinental ballistic missiles, the senior ex-diplomat said he could order a nuclear demonstration strike.

Putin is unpredictable but also not stupid. He knows that if he uses only one tactical nuke, US, EU and even China will have to get involved and stop Russia to use it ever again.

Deterrence is one thing, but using your nukes is a whole other thing. It’s still a possibility, obviously, but very unlikely at this point as it won’t change a thing but surely bring Russia to its knees.

They are already trying their best to destroy Ukraine. Nothing work and now the army is done. Time to pack it up for Putin.

Highly doubt it. They’d kill Putin before he does that imo.

Yeah, last week Ukraine forces succeeded with a huge counterattack and liberated almost all territory around Kharkiv.

So, the situation is this. Russian soldier are dying in the tens of thousands, morale is very low. And now you want them to motivate to attack by dropping atomic warheads in front of their heads when they don’t even have NBC protective gear? I don’t think this is a good idea. Fallout is no joke.

Russia would also get in trouble with one of their last (at least somewhat) allies - China. They signed an agreement to help Ukraine in case of nuclear attacks.

NATO press live

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/events_67375.htm

Maybe MAP for Ukraine?