The Initiative is working on Perfect Dark for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC

Confirmation is always good since there was no mention to Game Pass in the trailer

9 Likes

I mean, all first party stuff would be gamepass day 1 anyway, they confirmed that with Bethesda itself and that deal isn’t even done, so I wouldn’t be as worried if it wasn’t in the trailer. But yeah, good confirmation.

1 Like

Disappointed that the publisher known for having an excess of 1st person games with guns announces another 1st person game with guns.

How many 1st party games with guns do they have?

What do you think about this?

1 Like

lol it’s good to see my confirmation of what I was saying in one of the other threads the other day, people hold Xbox at a higher standard and they need to do things like Bethesda to just get the same excitement as if just any PS exclusive gets announced.

13 Likes

If we are including Bethesda Halo Doom Wolfenstein and now PD

OMG TOO MANY STOP IT /s

8 Likes

Off the top of my head:

Halo

Outer Worlds

Doom

Wolfenstein

Quake

Perfect Dark

Fallout (plus third)

Starfield (plus third)

Supposedly InXile’s RPG will have combat and FPS

Dishonored, but it’s more action oriented

Deathloop (technically but first on PS5)

Ghostwire (see Deathloop)

Sea of Thieves

Prey

Grounded (bows, third person option)

Rage

Also We Happy Few but that is probably a one-off and is not a shooter and Avowed is first person combat.

So yeah, they have a lot, but of those FPS games, several are RPGs or Immersive Sims.

And if Sony can do Demon’s Souls, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Spider-Man, Bloodborne, Infamous, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us, Returnal, Days Gone, Death Stranding and Nioh all being third person action adventure games similarly differentiated, then MS can do the same of First Person and still have games like Gears of War, Forza Horizon, Fable, Hellblade, Compulsion’s Next, Ori, Tell Me Why, Battletoads, Everwild, State of Decay 3, As Dusk Falls, Forza Motorsport, Bleeding Edge, Project Mara, Wasteland 3, Project Missouri, Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, Psychonauts 2, Age of Empires, Gears Tactics, Flight Sim, plus whatever other new surprises may be brewing.

13 Likes

Talk to these mfs

6 Likes

Fair enough. But the Bethesda games are fresh (they are not even acquired yet)

1 Like

That trailer was absolute fire, so hyped for this game now!

1 Like

Very happy about this. Some rumors sounded like they couldnt place their finger on what this game was, but knew it was Perfect Dark. That comment by Grub makes sense now. Apex legends takes place in the Titanfall universe but plays differently. This is a Perfect Dark game but sounds like it may be more action based rather than just a straight up shooter. Also they mentioned gadgets so I am sure that will be in there as well. Sounds like it will have some more in common with the original. I was thinking 3rd person as well based on the talent they hired but I will happily take something that is more spy driven with some nice action sprinkled on top. I am thinking more like Mirrors edge than CoD thankfully.

Very true. Again, I don’t think it’s a problem at all given the diversity of those and the size of XGS at 35 teams and counting, but I can get why some may be put off. Still, tons of great stuff for all players despite favorite genres, something that really sets XGS apart. Phil is aware of the rep of Xbox as a shooter box and is diversifying without losing sight of the major love fans have for the genre.

2 Likes

At the very least, Joanna is back, first person is back, the GOAT weapon the Laptop Gun is back, and the trailer kinda implies Camspy is back.

The way they were describing movement does sound kind of like Mirrors Edge. I think a lot of people will be surprised as to how the game controls when it gets fully unveiled.

2 Likes

It seems this will be truly awesome. Can’t wait to see more

1 Like

I’m perfectly confident the traversal in this game shall be fucking great, because a lot of talent there is from insomniac (including design director), and if insomniac does one thing best, it’d be traversal. I personally believe spiderman wouldn’t have had half as good a traversal system if they hadn’t made sunset overdrive. So yeah, I’m confident they’ll pull it off.

6 Likes

Yeah hopefully they can get that framerate at a solid 60fps.

Joanna Dark my love, welcome back.

2 Likes