The Initiative is working on Perfect Dark for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC

In the video Drew Murray talks about ‘‘differentiating from the regular first person shooter’’

6 Likes

I think they will. Again, SoD 3, Hellblade 2, Fable, Compulsion, Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6 plus whatever Global Publishing might bring, as well as possible acquisitions like Asobo.

I’m happy to see Perfect Dark is sticking true to what it was: alongside Deus Ex in many regards the first modern immersive sim. First person, stealth, action and cool gadgets.

4 Likes

Yes!!!

Finally!!

Can we cool down a bit fellows. It’s fine with not liking first person games. It’s fine asking MS for more third person games.

And @Louay please cheer up a bit. Your posts seem a little negative. :wink:

4 Likes

I think it’s fine to have a first person perfect dark, and how come we never see the argument of why other platforms don’t have more first person games?

Anyways, lets see gameplay first before we make up our minds because we don’t really have many first person spy games, and it sounds like they’re going to reinvent the series. so lets trust them

2 Likes

i’m chill i didn’t say anything bad about the game

They got Ninja Theory for that kinda thing. Perfect Dark has Never been an over the shoulder "cinematic " action game and I am glad they didn’t go that route. Seeing a laptop gun on the wall firing during the opening tracking shot and learning that its still in first person, gives me hope that they’ll stick to what made the original so good and updating it. Kinda Similar to how Doom 2016 did.

2 Likes

I knew it’d be perfect dark but the reveal still gave me goosebumps. Hopefully we see some gameplay by summer.

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s not deliberate policy. But in this case, it’s because Perfect Dark has always been an FPS.

Good for you, you can be very excited about the game and I can be very disappointed. Also I don’t want a cinematic game, infact I don’t like games that focus to much on the story, I just wanted a 3rd person camera perspective.

Then play something else

4 Likes
10 Likes

2 awards let’s go

I do, I play many games and also I have every right to be excited or disappointed about any game.

Well keep an eye on Ninja Theory, they’re the studio for you. I’m sure HellBlade 2 will be just what you’re looking for.

YASSSSS SHE’S BACK!

I was afraid it was not gonna be Joanna

2 Likes

I’d say perfect dark was probably the only significant Xbox announcement for today. Still cool though.

Confirmation that it is coming to Game Pass:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/perfect-dark

5 Likes

Lol was this confirmation necessary?

6 Likes