The Initiative is working on Perfect Dark for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC

Perfect Dark - Official Announce Trailer - The Game Awards 2020 - YouTube

The Initiative - Perfect Dark Developer Interview - The Game Awards 2020 - YouTube

Two years ago, we announced the formation of a new Xbox Game studio in Santa Monica, The Initiative, and today at The Game Awards, we announced our first project, Perfect Dark .

With Perfect Dark , we’re aiming to deliver a secret agent thriller set in a near-future world.

We have built the Perfect Dark team at The Initiative by bringing in some of the most talented game makers from around the industry who all share a passion for storytelling, world-building and creating memorable game experiences. With the full backing from Xbox Studios to re-imagine one of the best loved IPs from gaming history, we couldn’t be more excited to share some of our early ideas.

I encourage you to watch the above studio introduction to hear more about the team, our goals, and how we’re working hard to deliver on the promise of the next generation of game making.

We look forward to sharing more about Perfect Dark in the future.

Announcing Perfect Dark, the First Game From The Initiative - Xbox Wire

24 Likes
12 Likes

Awesome trailer!

:man_dancing:

3 Likes

Xbox wire post

2 Likes

I just watched again and… Joanna’s British again! Yes! Yes! YEEEEEESSSS!!!

7 Likes

First Person or Third Person?

First

Geoff couldnt show less enthusiasm when the announcement ended.

6 Likes

Thanks.

True, but fuck it, Perfect Dark is back. If that doesn’t warm the heart then that’s on him.

10 Likes

Did she speak with an English accent at the end? I couldn’t tell.

1 Like

Yeah she sounds like Lara Croft’s VA.

2 Likes

I wonder why all this focus on first person games from Microsoft?

She did. Like in the first. No more American Joanna.

1 Like

The theme of eco scifi is something really different from the current crop of FPS games. I’m curious to see how this turns out.

1 Like

Differentiate from Sony maybe?

2 Likes

YES YES YES!!! Let’s go!!!

What are the others? I know there’s Halo and probably now this, what else?

Xbox has always been the FPS and RPG box.

5 Likes

Ah so the pictures we saw of Joanna shooting at some enemies and in another she grabbed a dude while aiming at others…that’s artwork then?

Maybe it’s me and we can’t know for sure, but the camera flying through the streets later in the video looks to be a ingame location to me. We see pedestrians and stuff. Looks really good. It’s probably really early still, but that’s OK.

I do wish they could share more about whether it’s episodic and if yes, in what way. This is why insider talk isn’t always good.

1 Like

So they don’t care about bringing people who loves third person games into their ecosystem?