The Initiative is working on Perfect Dark for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC

Why have you presumed this is the specific studio and specific project that HAS to do that?

There’s compulsion, there’s Coalition, there’s Fable from Playground, there’s Hellblade 2,and whatever else that nobody knows is under development.

Also is it confirmed that it’s first person already?

2 Likes

They announced at least 2 AAA 3rd person games in the last 12 months (Hellblade 2 and Fable) and some smaller ones

8 Likes

Hellblade 2 is third-person. Fable probably third-person.

We’ll see what Compulsion’s game is.

Have you ever played a Perfect Dark Game. It has always been a FPS Game.

2 Likes

They do. That’s why they have games like Gears, Hellblade 2, Compulsion’s next and Fable. But they have a strong relationship with those genres and if Xbox becomes the place for RPGs, Immersive Sims and FPS titles then that will bring more into the ecosystem versus having to go 1:1 with the 1-2-3 punch of Naughty Dog Insomniac and Sucker Punch.

3 Likes

They did confirm in the interview. First person. Seemingly immersive sim.

2 Likes

Where is everyone seeing First Person? I’ve watched the video numerous times and I never heard anyone say first person

Did I miss something?

State of Decay 3 as well and you still have Gears . A bit of an odd take I must say. Microsoft has a good. Mix of third person and first person games.

1 Like

Webpage says first person shooter, in the shortened interview before the trailer in the TGA reveal Drew Murray says the thing that makes it different from other first person games is it’s not just about shooting.

4 Likes

This is a troll post right?

7 Likes

from look like TF Wall running in the game ?

Living up to his reputation,nothing more. Perfect Dark is a classic IP,the guy should show more enthusiasm. This is amazing news though. Probably THE XBox game more than any other I’ve patiently waited to be announced. This is awesome :green_heart:

5 Likes

Geoff is like that for every announcement honestly.

3 Likes

Phil and Satya said they want to reach 3 billion gamers but many of these 3 billion loves 3rd person camera perspective so how they will convince them to join Xbox? Also what do you mean by “troll post”?

So only 3rd person games can bring people to Xbox?

10 Likes

Bro pls

Gears Hellblade 2 Compulsion State of decay 3 Fable

Also, the biggest franchise in gaming is literally COD.

Just sayin, I know the expectations were third person perfect dark, I was expecting it too but looks like this ain’t it. Just expect that from these above games and more that’s all

2 Likes

Oh shut up for once

4 Likes

Glad this is finally out in the open and liking what the studio is describing about going down the espionage route etc.

I would also like to add that so far the rumours seem to have been way off the mark for this.

1 Like

Why so hostile guys?

2 Likes

That scene of the boy using tape recorder near the bee looked like it was taken from the movie I lost my body

Looks great tho. Very good art direction

1 Like