The Game Awards 2022 | OT?

Halo Infinite didn’t make the release date deadline last year, right? So it could have been included in this year’s nominations? But it’s nominated for zero awards this year?

Like, I’m sure Stray is fine and all, this just feels a little bit silly. I’m not even the world’s biggest fan of Infinite but it reviewed extremely well and even won the Player’s Choice award last year.

For honesty’s sake Xbox didn’t have much to do with Deathloop or Outer Worlds so I could ignore them. But Psychonauts 2 is published by XGS and spent significant dev time and resources, and made that good because of Xbox. They had obligations to be on PS4 that they didn’t want to be asaholes about and cancel.

I could also understand ignoring stuff like Flight Sim, but man snubbing FH4, 5, and Ori2 was a joke. They had virtually all the reasons to be there but didn’t.

3 Likes

What is the reason Pentiment hasn’t been nominated for any awards? Didn’t reviewers get the game in their hands a while ago?

This would easily win best narrative.

Eh, I loved Infinite campaign very much but I can understand why it’s not there now mainly the time of release and the negativity of post-launch.

Snub is the wrong word. More like it feels like Xbox games may as well not exist when it comes to this kind of recognition. Forza and Flight Simulator may as well be invisible.

Oh well, it is what it is. Diablo and Starfield nominations next year! :smiley:

The deadline ends whenever Geoff feels like it. I don’t know how good Pokemon is, but it’s also missing.

1 Like

XGS has a huge chance to be nominated for three games. Pentiment, since it released too late for this year, Starfield and Diablo 4. Who knows how good Redfall could be. Didn’t Deathloop win awards last year?

Four XGS titles could be there next year.

To not be a “conspiracy theorist” it feels like a lot of the people voting don’t play Xbox games for whatever reason, like not having an Xbox :man_shrugging: it’s like it’s been known that Academy members don’t all watch all the films nominated or submitted each year.

1 Like

That’s why I am curious about the next year Game Awards. Winners of main TGA award has always been either Switch games or games that can be played on Playstation.

So many people care about the actual awards when this is just one of hundreds that actually exist and doesn’t determine what wins overall game of the year.

For me, it’s all about the new game reveals, trailers and release dates. This is the only reason why I watch TGA and to see if that Fares guy is there so he can go on a 5 minute entertaining rant!! lol

5 Likes

Starfield will be a test. If it’s great but isn’t there, you’ll know something’s up :man_shrugging:

For me I would be fine with a show that’s all trailers and another that’s all awards, having both makes a long and mostly boring and too often interrupted show and that’s why I don’t watch anymore and just catch up with trailers later.

1 Like

I feel that’s a bad excuse since games are also on pc. I do feel there is favouritism in play. No offense to stray but that game making goty over stuff like pentiment, Bayonetta, and other higher reviewed games Meade the show lose any credibility it had left . Also a controversial take but horizon forbidden west wasn’t all that and also feel that shouldn’t be nominated but that’s just my opinion

TGA will make sure to set the release deadline to the day before Starfield’s debut. Better luck next year! :crazy_face: /s

Fares: “F The Game Emmys?” (maybe Oscars, I forget)

I mean that will change for absolute certain.

Aside from Ori 2 and forza H5…not sure which game would have gotten the critical acclaim to be up there.

Pentiment for narrative alone should be there next year. Obsidian is on another level. And if ABK closes, Diablo 4 for sure will get some kind of nomination. And yep, Starfield!

1 Like

I felt in 2011 Gears 3 was a snub. Also I felt in the year Susnet Overdrive, Halo 4, and Ori released should’ve got the nomination

The xbox series sub is pretty dogshit and constantly brigaded by Sony fanboys so it doesn’t surprise me that post gained 20k upvotes when most posts there don’t even gain 1k upvotes. There is a reason Xboxone is still the more active Xbox subreddit.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely too long of a show but after TGA, it’s usually dead until June in regards to showcases so I figure that I’ll just enjoy it for what it is, get a few new game reveals, a few releases dates and updates and will be more than happy.

TGA has credibility? LOL. I have never looked at TGA as being credible. How can awards show be credible when the year isn’t even over yet and they’re having an awards show? TGA is a sales and marketing awards show. That’s literally what it is. If it wasn’t for the game trailers that will be shown, I wouldn’t watch at all.

I agree that Stray shouldn’t be on the list. HFW is still an excellent sequel but if you’re someone who doesn’t like Ubisoft open world games, you’ll most likely not like or enjoy it. Bayonetta 3 would probably be the better choice over Stray more than anything.

It is what it is though.

Hahaha. It was Oscars. That guy is energetic and entertaining especially if he goes on a rant. lol

4 Likes