The Game Awards 2022 | OT?

Psychonauts 2

Also when sometimes they did have some of the best games of they tear they just got ignored :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am personally not in favor of the idea of changing the game mechanics to make them more accessible. Imagine soulslike with God of War level of handholding.

They don’t need to change mechanics or design, I’m in fact a fan of the way the world is designed, but the difficulty and gridning, repetitive, trial and error nature of it doesn’t need any design change to make more accessible, literally just value modifiers of health, stamina, items, that stuff that you are able easily to mod with trainers on PC, AS AN OPTION, as a difficulty option on other games, a standard since forever.

1 Like

If you are able to defeat Elden Ring bosses during the first attempt without need of trial and error it already changes the soulslike formula and turn it into a basic action game.

hmm, I guess that Reddit post was about console exclusives then. Anyways, yeah it’s pretty crazy because I am sure there were 10 console exclusive published Microsoft games that deserved the nod.

Forza Horizon since 4 at least and Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

5 Likes

It was about Cult worshiping. Nothing more, nothing less.

3 Likes

Then don’t put it on easy mode

Neither am I, but the things that From has added to Elden Ring are mecganics I want them to keep adding to their Souls games. One I forgot that changes so much and makes the game so much better is jumping, without having to sprint and press another button or pressing forward and heavy attack at the same time.

There’s also the improvement to bleed which can allow anyone that isn’t used to the game to shorten a lot of boss fights.

I only care for category wise awards like narrative, adventure, racing, family etc

goty is basically pointless because mostly people prefer narrative games and there is a clear bais for the same

Soulslikes aren’t about narrative and they win and get nom’d just fine

Honestly I liked all three of those. :slight_smile: But I would vote for Arcane.

1 Like

Get off the forum and go watch Arcane, lol. As much as I loved Edgerunners, Arcane is in a class of its own.

6 Likes

A class of its own maybe. Edgerunners has a lot more ass though.

Caught me before the edit, hahha

1 Like

Is this for real? No Gears 4 or 5? No Halo? Not one Forza game in that whole time? Dumb.

Nope - that’s why many have wised up and simply do not watch this awards show at all.

That graphic is also pure Cult propaganda.

• 2021 GOTY Nominee from Arkane Studios for Deathloop.
  • 2021 GOTY Nominee from Double Fine for Pyschonauts 2
  • 2019 GOTY Nominee from Obsidian Entertainment for The Outer Worlds

They don’t count because Cult reasons and goal-post moving.

6 Likes

lol funnily enough it was on the Xbox Series X subreddit. Still crazy how much they snub games published by XGS. Like even this year not to have Pentiment for any awards when it made cutoff date. Then even last year snubbing flight simulator since it doesn’t fit what they look for in games. Plus, don’t even get me started on FH5. Also the other snubs from last gen and even end of 360 gen

2 Likes

Tbf the title on the reddit thread said exclusive. None of these games are (console) exclusive.

We also had Forza Horizon 5 missing out on a GOTY nomination because of “reasons”, but had it listed in other categories.

As I said “because of Cult reasons”.