The Game Awards 2020 |OT|

Here are the times for the show:

3:30 PM PT/6:30 PM ET

Finally a good time for Germany :smiley:

There was a big Ghost of Tsushima thing last year

11PM for GMT/UK peeps.

1 Like

I completely forgot about the Ghost of T showcase

Last year was when the Godfall trailer was dropped as the ‘First Playstation 5 Game’.

That ended up being more a marketing move from Epic and counterplay to drum interest in the game rather than sony giving a tease of what to expect on PS5

They actually got good European times. It was a slog in previous years.

Agree, it’s was like 1:30am last year, think I watched it in the morning. This year I’ll be watching it live unless it’s on for too long I guess.

Only a little more than a week to go!

1 Like

Is the 6:30PM EST for the main show or pre-show?

Pre-show, the main show will take place 30 minutes later, at around 7 PM EST.

1 Like

Okay, thanks.

This forum isn’t the most fond of Keighley but I’m excited! Advertise to me, Geoff. When did he start hyping up the show last year? This year’s leadup seems unusually muted.

1 Like

I don’t remember when it started last year, I didn’t pay much attention to it, but yeah, this year it hasn’t been hyped up too much outside of the official Twitter account.

2 Likes

They announced Tom Holland as a presenter earlier today, perhaps we might see something related to the Uncharted movie:

2 Likes

Probably just because of the nature of the show this year, meaning it won’t have the whole industry in one room. It’s probably less exciting to the people who wouod usually be going bananas right now.

Hopefully it doesn’t result in fewer reveals, but it might.

2 Likes

If NetherRealm followed their normal cadence, we’d be seeing Injustice 3 here. Since since they did Aftermath, maybe not.

Personally, I hope they’re doing the Marvel game that Ed Boon mentioned to GameInformer.

2 Likes

Very interesting bit on the latest Game Pass blog post makes me wonder if this could be the SEGA partnership with MS, could be all SEGA games will be added to Game Pass and MS could maybe be funding a new SEGA game for launch into Game Pass.

1 Like

What am I missing? What does this have to do with Sega?

It has nothing to do with SEGA, it’s just the end of the Game Pass blog about new games mentioned

“See you at the Game Awards friends!”

Which just lead me to speculate maybe this could be the SEGA thing, remember Xbox announced Hellblade 2 and their new console at the Game Awards last year so it seems like a place where they might use The Game Awards as a end of year a very tiny E3 with pretty big announcements.

This is all speculation on my part and just because they announced big stuff last year doesn’t really mean that it’s set in stone now they will do it every year, it’s also why I said “I wonder” haha.

edit: to quickly add to this also, they just announced 17 new titles so I don’t know why else they would be talking about the Game Awards. The only thing I could think of that’s not a big announcement is just an ad or something there.

Oh, ok. I literally thought the “applaud you for your dedication” was some obscure Sega reference…

I hope you’re right, but I’m expecting more something like Fall Guys finally coming to GamePass.

4 Likes