The Game Awards 2020 |OT|

Ori should have been nominated for GOTY. MS Flight Simulator as well. This whole thing is a joke and a farce. Who exactly are these people that comprise this “panel of judges”?

2 Likes

Sorry guys, but Elden Ring>>>>>>>>>>>

5/6 are sequels…

1 Like

It is the Oscars of video games. It always has been. It’s the industry paying hommage to the industry. If you see it like that, you can’t be disappointed.

Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima were locked, so I’m not surprised. There are games that are more appealing to the jury members and people in general. It’s fine. As Jeff Grubb said, “don’t take it too seriously”.

I think the reveals and surprises are more interesting in this kind of event.

3 Likes

No Ori nomination for GOTY is beyond ridiculous.

That’s how you get your awards show a “reputation”

7 Likes

My goty actually if we ignore Xenoblade Chronicles DE

Υeah disappointing to not see Ori 2, Wasteland 3 and Alyx but expected I guess, as you guys said at the latest (great I might add) podcast the industry is so much more than cinematic AAA games nowadays that limiting lists like this one in terms of style, popularity and number (why only 6 games?) is actually doing a disservice to the gaming industry. Since there is no chance in hell that my GOTY aka DOOM Eternal (the poll on the otherera is both depressing and funny at the same time) will win this one I’d love to see Animal Crossing getting the GOTY award just for the meltdowns. :nerd_face:

On the most anticipated list of 2021 I can’t wait to play all the games except Horizon 2, hopefully all will deliver though.

Out of the GOTY nominees, which game do you all think should win Game of the Year?

• Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Doom Eternal
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Hades
  • The Last of Us Part II

0 voters

1 Like

FF7 for me :point_right::point_left::pleading_face:

2 Likes

Don’t care about any of those, so vote went to Animal Crossing.

I think Animal Crossing had the largest impact. Hades was the indie darling and TloU2 deserves awards due to just how well built that game is (disregarding the discussions on the story).

Don’t think Ghost of Tsushima did much to rise above the many Assassin’s Creed games we’ve seen over the years. Meanwhile I believe Half Life Alyx or Ori should have had a nomination.

2 Likes

There is Hades and 5 wrong choices.

Played the demo on my PS4 and really liked it, hopefully next year Square will release the Xbox version so I can play the whole game. I am also interested on Hades, looks cool for a roguelite.

So here are my predictions for games that will be announed this is for fun

1.The Initiative game

2.Hellblade 2 new trailer

3.Legend of Zelda BOTW 2 Trailer

4.Resident Evil 8 New Trailer with release date

5.Hogwarts Legacy New trailer with Release Date

6.Gotham Knights New trailer with Release Date

7.Smash bros with New Character announce

8.Ratchet and Clank RA with new Trailer and Release Date

9.Horizon FW with New Trailer

10.The rumored Silent Hill game PS Exclusive :frowning:

5 Likes

New game from Compulsion as well maybe? Oh and how about an ounce of Starfield…

What if we also get the Gears 5 DLC announcement

4 Likes

My thinking is that Halo comes out in March-May and they have an event where they say some stuff and it was more for fun then anything else what do you think is going to be there not just from Xbox?

1 Like

Yeah from the sound of it supposedly being imminent I could certainly see that being shown there.

My Dream would be a proper Pendulum Wars storyline but I’d prefer that to be a game on it’s own

2 Likes

I hope we see a trailer for the second DLC of Outer Worlds.

Half Life: Alex, Among Us and Ori should be on the list. And Goty should go to Animal Crossing, no other game besides Among Us had the same impact in this special year.