The Game Awards 2020 |OT|

Its my number 1 for next year

1 Like

I just cant wait to see what they say in the next couple weeks

Me too

So does anyone know the time for the event and can we predict what games are going to be there in this forum?

Even I think I gotta go Zelda on that list. Sorry, Chief!

EDIT: Well, Monster Hunter Rise above both.

It’s December 10 but I don’t think a specific time has been listed yet. And sure, you can go ahead and make predictions as to what games will be there.

1 Like

Oh for sure. I enjoyed it a lot.

I really hope this year’s Game Awards are an improvement over last year’s because man, it was really painful to watch. There were so many goddamn boring CGI trailers last year, please don’t repeat that shit again.

Thanks I will think what I wanna predict even tho I am going to be wrong but its for fun haha

1 Like

Seeing FFVIIR on any of these lists is horrific. That and Animal Crossing do not deserve to be one of the GOTY contenders, so many better games came out over the past 12 months.

I mean, it will be. The Game Awards isn’t really the place for lengthy gameplay demos, never has been. It’s for quick and flashy stuff. It’s more of a TV show than an E3 conference.

I really need to play Zelda on the switch but I didnt even play Pokemon yet haha

I’m not asking for a gameplay demo or anything, I don’t expect that either. I just don’t want pretty much every single trailer to be CGI. It’s unbearable.

I’m not saying this to be a jerk, but I don’t think you should watch it live then. Because that’s pretty much what it always has been.

Personally, doesn’t bother me. I know that’s what we’re getting and that’s fine.

If we can get trailers like the one Sekiro did at E3 2018 I am happy

Final Fantasy VII Remake was actually good though. Don’t really know if it should be a GOTY contender, but it certainly deserves to be nominated for best art direction, best score/music, and best RPG.

I usually don’t mind CGI trailers that much, but it’s just that many of the CGI trailers were generic and boring. I’ll probably just have the live stream off to the side.

That’s probably the best way to go. What I hope for is for the games that have the CG trailers to end with “Catch the first gameplay on our Youtube channel right after the show” or something like that.

1 Like

That’d be lovely but I don’t see it happening.

And MIA in best ongoing.

1 Like