The Game Awards 2020 |OT|

To think that I was banned on the other site for saying the truth about Keighley, yet, today this truth is clearer than ever. What makes 82-metascored Ghost of Tsushima so deserving over much higher acclaimed game titles like Ori, Flight Sim, or Wasteland? I guess their biggest sin to the eyes of the press and the dorito pope is to be an Xbox Game Studios game. I have a PS4, I have a PS5 preordered (I can show you proof of both) but come the fuck on, enough of nominating this games just because they are the cinematic flavor of the month. Shit, even critics were harsh on Tsushimaā€™s narrative flaws, yet there it is with a nomination.

Iā€™ll take diversity of content over 2 copy and paste styles of games getting every nomination possible.

2 Likes

Strong year for Playstation :o Xbox is catching up thought :wink:

Iā€™m surprised too many people take this awards and this guy Geoff seriouslyā€¦

PlayStation mainly had a lot more nominations just because The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima got so many. Xbox actually had more of their games nominated. Iā€™m sure in 2022/2023 Xbox might actually be very close to or even be ahead of Sony in terms of nominations.

Combine with Bethesda and they have 12

4 Likes

Alright, converted this thread into a general OT for the Game Awards 2020. Use this thread for any general discussion regarding the Game Awards.

1 Like

Letā€™s talk about what game reveals we want to see from Xbox. Honestly, Iā€™m fine with anything as long as itā€™s ā€œnext genā€ gameplay. I think they could show off either Forza, hellblade 2, fable, everwild, or maybe even the initiativeā€™s new game. In fact, I would wager that MS will show off gameplay of one of these games at the vgas

1 Like

I really thought i would see half life alyx for goty, i really canā€™t catch why itā€™s not like that

Ghost of Tushima is a game I will play on my ps5! sometimes next year I also sell my ps4 I dont want to play in 1080 and 30 fps anymore. This would be a disservice for Kena and suchā€¦ OMG Kena looks sooo amazingā€¦

I personally hope we will see the Initiativeā€™s game at the Game Awards. Seems like a nice place to reveal it. Not sure what else they can show there, perhaps Everwild.

Ghost of Tsushima was awesome, so Iā€™m okay with it getting the nomination despite getting below 85 metacritic. Also I thought The Last of Us 2 was amazing and I may have liked it more than the first. Anyways, I do feel Ori was snubbed and same with flight simulator. I do feel Doom shouldā€™ve been replaced by one of those 2 games, and I might get crucified for this, but I donā€™t think Animal Crossing is close of being worthy for nomination. However I do see the appeal, but the loop bored me tbh

And once again Sea of thieves is mias8ng from the community support nomination.

No mans sky always deserves that nomination so i wont lose too much sleep over it, but with the games regular updates and the amount of content that gets added year to year, its criminal the game doesnt get even a nomination

Or do not understand what community support is?

1 Like

YEP

Its VR only. So a huge majority of people havent played it.

Yeah, but i mean, itā€™s good as hell :craig:

Nominees for Most Anticipated Game are here:

Most Anticipated Game

• Elden Ring
  • Halo Infinite
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • God of War Sequel
  • Resident Evil Village
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel

Wow halo definitely has it work cut out for them

1 Like

Forsure that is just a great list

Yea I think it says a lot about how hyped people are for halo infinite still

1 Like

Ya I am still hyped a little worried about it but I dont know if I could be from that list cause at 4 of the games up there are in my 10 games I am hyped about next year haha