The Big ol' Xbox 3rd Party Releases Discussion Thread (HiFi, SoT, Pentiment, Grounded) (Part 1)

:sweat_smile: classic Jez

1 Like

I think we’ll find that they aren’t going fully multiplat, so itd be more like getting some KFC sides at McDonald’s lol.

To me, if they aren’t fully multiplatform it’s difficult to switch to PS. Move to PC is always safe (for obvious reasons)

1 Like

This one tweet? I would say it’s a perfectly normal tweet? He’s not saying anything crazy or outrageous here. I agree with what he’s saying here.

1 Like

Yeah move to PC is the goal for me. Best of everything

1 Like

Jez said he would be taking a break from Twitter on Sunday (except for work) only to post again twice on Monday and now he’s posting again as normal.

I think that’s what they are referring to.

1 Like

Aaaah, right right.

1 Like

So Xbox is always worst case scenario but PS is always best? PS5 was barely designed to compete with the Series X I dread to think what they would push out to their customers if switch 2 is the yardstick, the court documents suggested it is aimed around the X1 or PS4 power levels so given that yardstick PS6 would be aimed around PS4 Pro level.

“Sony insiders” - lol. Price increased by $100 if MS are out of the HW game.

If fan service translates to ripping off their customers then yes I agree.

$99.98 for SM3 first half of single player and multiplayer then $49.99 for the second half of the single player game a year later. They are certainly serving their fans something.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly that

1 Like

Yes exactly, and let’s look at what value we get from XSX that PS players don’t get:

• Smart delivery
  • Quick resume
  • Auto HDR
  • Two previous generations of compatibility, plus selection of OG xbox games
  • Looking for group
  • Day one first party subscriptions
  • Play Anywhere
  • Can buy games from thid party vendors
6 Likes

We don’t even know what’s going to happen to Game Pass. Jeff Gerstmann recently said that the heard from publishers that Game Pass money has dried up. As if it wasn’t apparent already with these underwhelming monthly Game Pass updates we’ve had recently.

If MS wants to be the biggest publisher, like they’ve said multiple times, it’s going to be with PC, Sony, Nintendo, Cloud and Mobile, not with Xbox.

Xbox has wasted an entire decade by not expanding to other new countries/markets to build brand recognition.

4 Likes
  • EA Play is also bundled into GPU for EA games six months after release.
  • GPU is also cheaper than Playstation Plus Premium.
  • Cloud saves are free (not locked behind a subscription).
  • More ergonomic controller (albeit less advanced).
  • Microsoft Rewards.
  • Gamepass 10% discount (to buy games).

I’m sure there’s even more we’re missing.

Play Anywhere is such a big advantage many don’t realise this, the fact Playstation make you buy the game twice tells you everything you need to know. Also the fact your saved progress carries over between different platforms.

Their back compat is also on a different league, it’s not just being able to play them but they are also improved (frame rate and resolution).

1 Like

The only thing we know is it will get better.

At this stage, neither of those platforms are healthy for a third party.

2 Likes

Any drastic changes for GP would really be disappointing. But I’m not gonna worry about it. Thursday is soon now.

LOL… Game Pass is not going anywhere, it’s just going to get bigger and bigger.

1 Like

It would be jokes if Microsoft gaming because a global powerhouse due to being multiplat. I’ve always felt that Microsoft has been making good games, but just not good enough for a person to ditch their Playstation for. There’s a reason why every thread about this is getting thousands of comments on reddit and a bunch of people listing games they would like to play on Playstation or Nintendo. I think many people sleep on that many aren’t willing to drop $1000+ to build a gaming PC instead of buying a console due to its ease of use and guarantee that it will last you an entire generation.

1 Like

This is all true but you have to get that message to the casuals that requires marketing which is non existent

I do like that idea of using games as advertisements on the PlayStation eco system. It might tempt a few over to buy a 2nd console but it’s a big bet.

I wish everyone was like myself buying all consoles. I always assumed this would be the case for enthusiasts. Never understood limiting yourself to 1. But obviously a lot do.

3 Likes

It better! :sunglasses:

I saw some speculation that they could introduce a tier where day ones don’t happen and what we have now gets a price increase. Assuming ABK titles still come, new ones too I find a price increase reasonable.

2 Likes

MS spends $1B/year on 3rd party content. It’s probably not so much that the money has dried up, but publishers are less skeptical of the model and MS can be more selective and negotiate harder than they used to.

There’s A TON of people who want Game Pass to fail, so expect FUD popping up periodically.

8 Likes

In your opinion what could they say Thursday other than that Xbox hardware won’t be going anywhere, to reassure you it will all be fine and you can continue to invest in the ecosystem? Not a whole lot I can think of.

If sales continue to go down, they basically will be making a next gen console solely for the existing players, assuming the existing ones won’t be transitioning to the competition and they’ll be fine with that? It’s a lot of uncertainties, and realistically speaking I don’t think they can have answers on it all.

2 Likes

GP is one of the few things I’m confident about moving forward.

I think a price increase is inevitable at some point, the same as any subscription whether that be Disney, Paramount or Netflix (which has also just increased).

New GP tiers? Doubtful IMO. What are they going to do?

• Game Pass Core
  • Game Pass
  • Game Pass Day One
  • PC Game Pass
  • PC Game Pass Day One
  • Game Pass Ultimate
  • Game Pass Ultimate Day One

It would be soooo confusing :rofl:

5 Likes