Tales of Arise is upon us. Reviews are out

Ok let me reword it. I was a bit confused as to what you were originally complaining about

This Is staple of the tales series btw and has been for a number of team based action JRPG’s. And I’m pretty certain you can turn them off too. You could in Vesperia.

What I meant with the coordination thing is when another character is pulling off a move most of the time an AoE you can multiply damage by doing a certain rate or combining Artes. Now this isn’t really important early or even mid game but late game its very helpful to know combinations to output maximum damage and specials. I can’t speak for this game but in some older tales game performing attacks one after another from certain characters gave you temporary boosts in that same battle that would help

I can see why some find it annoying. For me it goes along with the way the game and those characters are. For me personally, I need to know and hear what my own character is performing at all times. I will never get bored of Yuri shouting Tiger blade or Cerberus strike.

So yeah bottom line is just turn them off. Someone can confirm if you can actually do that in the demo… If not I’ll do it tomorrow.

I checked. You can turn the dialogue volume down in the menu, but it affects the dialogue throughout the entire game. As far as I can see, there’s no option to just turn battle dialogue off.

Yeah. Maybe changing the language to Japanese might help. Not as loud as the english

Game has a 10 dollar off digital pre order from Newegg. Use the code and open the site link

1 Like

Ultimate Edition pre installed & ready for me. Bring it on!

You can get the UE for 20 bucks cheaper if you buy from UK store.

Too late. Already bought. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m getting the standard physical. I think the extra content for 49 bucks is a rip off personally. I might buy the UE in the future when uts on offer. I like collecting physical copies of xbox games these days. They’ll become rare in the future.

Going with the Digital Ultimate Edition since I got 15$ MS rewards so I bought it already cheaper on the store.

From the SixthAxis review

Tales of Arise is the beginning of an exciting new chapter in the series with stunning storytelling, revamped gameplay, and significantly upgraded visuals. Tales of Arise is when a long-running video game series often reinvents itself in a way that it feels relatively painstaking or lacking, relying on promises of future improvement. Is not just a promise. It fully provides everything you would expect from a large sequel for five years. It’s a huge and immersive game, but it’s also an incredibly refreshing step up in the series, and we hope it will lead to even bigger and better things in the future.

1 Like

Link please?

https://www.jioforme.com/tales-of-arise-review-thesixthaxis/735881/

1 Like

I’m disappointed that this isn’t a Smart Delivery game. Especially after Scarlet Nexus was.

The bundle comes with both-- so at least I don’t have to choose which version to buy-- but I do have to choose between XSX enhancements and save file portability. Smart Delivery has spoiled me, I want both. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I mean Its half smart delivery. It doesn’t have compatible saves. But there’s one version you buy you get both. Full smart delivery would give you interchangeable saves.

Also the review embargo up or something???

Nah, they just accidentally posted the review early.

Yeah at least we’re spared having to buy different versions or pay an upgrade fee or whatever.

I don’t know how I would stomach being on PlayStation and having to deal with this nonsense with every game rather than a small handful out of the whole library.

I haven’t played any Tales of games so this might be farfetched but I’m suspecting this game to be the most successful in the franchise, both critically and commercially.

Commercially probably. Critically it’s up in the air. These games usually review between mid 70’s and mid 80’s at best. If Arise can average anything above an 82 its doing well.

1 Like