Street Fighter 6 announced!

The issue is that Sony needs to spend 1/10 or 1/100 compared to MS to achieve similar results, their targets are very specific and often genre crippling for Xbox.

Like it or not, SFv skipping xbox was very detrimental to the genre thriving in the platform as it did in the 360 days.

2 Likes

I just wanna say

NPR Street Fighter > Photoreal Street Fighter.

Well, there was the Capcom leak back in 2020, that one did mention the game would come to Xbox.

I still reckon it’s more likely to be multiplatform than console exclusive because there really would have been no benefit to having it’s reveal now, rather than SoP in March etc. That’s not how Sony do business.

Arguably the damage is done, anyway. Xbox was the place for the FGC in the 360 days and Sony purposely went about locking down the genre, and others, through moneyhats the following gen. Now they’ve already got the community invested on their platform, it adds very little to pay above and beyond (keeping in mind how Capcom has changed) to keep SF6 off Xbox IMO.

Ruy looks like a human wardrobe :joy:

I still think Street Fighter 6 is coming to Xbox.

If not - we can safely say that Fighting Game Community on Xbox is dead. No matter what people say about MK or KI, people flock to the platform where they have more games - not less. And Sony got Virtua Fighter (which is ironic considering MS and Sega relations) and Arc Systems Work did not make a single Xbox games for years, then even Persona fighting game skipped Xbox (despite being available Xbox 360)

that’s an ugly logo

let’s see what the summer brings

1 Like

The logo looks identical to… this

nft-logo-6202DDD5FF-seeklogo.com

2 Likes

Phil was anything but happy when this happened with SF5, so I would think he’s tried to get 6 to Xbox as well. Unless Sony was already way ahead of him.

But we’ll see. Hope for you guys it’s for Xbox too.

But if not, Xbox make a deal for exclusive Monster Hunter.

Kidding, won’t and shouldn’t happen.

Wouldn’t it be stupid af to do this exact same thing again. SF5 didn’t sell super well, did it? And do Fighters usually sell well on X?

inb4 Xbox moneyhatted it, thinking about it now it would actually be a great deal if MS paid for it to hit GP day 1 and kept it multiplat, I’m sure Capcom might like that.

Sony never cared about whether the game will do well or not when doing moneyhats. That’s why they are match made in heaven with Square Enix - one doesn’t care if the game does well, another one cares only about money they get right now :joy:

Another thing is that as I remember, people still and originally believed that Sony helped with SF5 development thus it became exclusive (we later learnt it was not true) and people still believe that. With RoTR it was what exactly happened - where Microsoft helped with the development, but everybody started to riot and still bring it as an example of Microsoft doing time exclusives :rofl:

Sigh.

Well, we’ll hear more in the summer. It’s either a Geoff Keighley thingy, or a Sony show thingy where they announce it as full exclusive or only marketing.

It is also possible to be announced on Xbox show, like it was with Devil May Cry 5, no?

Phil is travelling to Japan a lot. Still a bummer they did not try to get SF5 later on Xbox and Virtua Fighter is also nowhere in sight (despite it allegedly being only 6 month exclusivity)

It’s possible. But what Nick says sounds a little worrying. It’s of course possible his source was wrong.

I don’t think that his source was wrong, I do believe that Sony would try to get SF6 exclusive - I mean why wouldn’t they if they own Evo? Imagine having exclusive SF6, Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear…They can’t get Mortal Kombat exclusive, but I would not be surprised that they would try to participate in the biddings for that if NR was up to grab.

The thing is ATVI deal changed the landscape, so we will see and created a situation where you just can’t ignore Xbox and Microsoft anymore. You just can’t.

2 Likes

It’s not like they need SF6 as an exclusive for evo, not sure why people are saying that, it’s one of the main games for Evo every year and has been forever now, 6 being multiplatform wouldn’t change that

If it’s exclusive it’s to box xbox out of the genre like they did last gen

If it is an exclusive MS will basically have no choice but to go full on scorched earth and buy NRS, it’s basically the only fighter that no matter how many fighting games are exclusive to PS, they’d be forced into the xbox ecosystem

4 Likes

SF5 did not need to be exclusive for Playstation, yet it was. Virtua Fighter did not need to be exclusive for Playstation, yet it was. Did FF7R need to be exclusive? Yet, it was.

Microsoft operates more like “if it is on Game Pass, it does not matter if it is exclusive” rather than Sony “even if it is not needed, why not to make it exclusive”. I mean even stuff like extending exclusivity deals - even if it not necessary - Sony still does it.

Microsoft is very aware that exclusive content is important, so I don’t buy into all those meltdowns about COD or that ATVI is more akin Mojang. Microsoft knows that exclusive content - especially in-house content - is important.

Does it feel like Capcom went with a less stylized look to try and appeal to the casual audience that bought into MK11? I know I’m a casual and got MK11 because of how good it looks and was more than happy to just play the single player some of the crypt.

Would be interesting to see how it translates into the fights itself. After all SF did not have blood splashes or anything. Maybe close to Virtua Fighter in that regard?

MS buying publishers is naturally going to force Sony to splash cash on securing both timed and permanent exclusives where they can, particularly towards Japanese studios.

I fully expect this to be a permanent PS exclusive, it’ll be another few years before Japanese studios can no longer ignore the xbox platform.

1 Like

Don’t know, I a casual when it comes to Fighting games, I just play the single and button mash my way through the story in normal. MK11 didn’t appeal to me because of the gore, gore is everywhere these days, it was just how great the game looked and I really enjoyed the story. Virtual Fighter is a game that I only remember playing years ago, with the most recent being the mini game in judgement I think. I just played that mini game once and never returned.