Street Fighter 6 announced!

If it’s exclusive I hope it flops and Capcom loses a bunch of money :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Making this exclusive is playing with fire, for both Capcom and Sony. I just don’t think it is, in fact I think it’s gonna be as multiplatform as possible. PS4, XB1, PS5, XSX/S, PC… and maybe even Switch. If MK11 got there, why not SF6.

3 Likes

Y’all are DOOMin’ and Gloomin’ way too soon on this one.

If this does end up getting moneyhatted though, I’m going to be more upset with Microsoft and CAPCOM over anybody else. Microsoft knows exactly how important this game is and if they’ve failed to negotiate this game coming to Xbox then that’s a big mess up on both ends.

10 Likes

I don’t think SF6 is coming to PS4/XB1. Usually Capcom ignores the previous gen consoles for their new entries, right?

RE Village…

I meant Street Fighter. I mean SF4 was for Xbox 360/PS3, SF5 for PS4/PC…

Well this gen is looking to be more cross-gen than ever. Fighting games (esp SF) aren’t the most demanding games too are they? I think it makes sense if it is cross-gen.

Hard to say. It depends on when it is gonna be released. I am not sure if any game after 2022 is gonna be multiplatform anymore.

… Oh there will be. And chip shortages will only help that case more.

Yup . Maximilian said that they made it realistic to appeal to the casual audience because nowadays if the casual audience does not buy your fighting game then its scene is as good as dead.

1 Like

Capcom leak listed it for last gen consoles as well as next gen

Might actually play into it a bit. Could be making the final decision to decide if those last gen versions are happening or not.

I agree, IF this will be exclusive, MS needs to go scorched Earth, otherwise FG will be dead forever on Xbox, there are already many misses within the medium-small tier, adding a big one would be catastrophic.

That’s for sure, if MS couldn’t get this on Xbox after Phil’s words last time, it would be a failure on their end.

1 Like

Agreed, Xbox should do everything to get this game on board. I don’t want to sound pessimistic but not saying anything about platforms doesn’t sound good, the whole situation reminds me of Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo…I am afraid that this is kept at the moment as a big announcement for a summer Sony show.

2 Likes

There’s a reason Bethesda accepted those moneyhats, because those games are so risky and they weren’t doing so well at the time too.

Capcom is doing their best, ever probably, and SF isn’t a much of a risky game, in fact it’s much more risky to make it exclusive.

1 Like

At this point I’m not expecting it to be on Xbox, a game this big being announced without platforms look like at least a moneyhat bait.

If its indeed moneyhatted by Sony I’ll be very disappointed.

6 Likes

You’re missing my point

Im not saying they wont go for exclusivity or that they don’t have reasons for it, im just saying the idea of them needing it as an exclusive for Evo doesn’t make sense

1 Like

NRS AND ARC just to prove a point

1 Like

There’s still hope! It’s coming to Xbox one.

Making this collection available on Xbox one and no SF6 on Series would be insane…

6 Likes

But after 5 I can’t imagine Phil not having tried everything in his power. Who knows, maybe Sony was waaaaay ahead of them with a deal before Xbox could do anything. But if I were Phil/Xbox I would have contacted Capcom after 5 came out and made sure 6 is coming to my platform no matter what.

No reason for me to believe they didn’t try. We’ll see what happens. I mean after all… Wonder Woman didn’t have platforms either.

Just make it come to Game Pass.

1 Like