Street Fighter 6 announced!

Tho ngl RE engine looking beautiful as ever .

There is no difference. The game was not revealed before, it is now. It was a reveal. We dont say that Fable wasnt revealed because it only got a 1 minute CGI trailer :roll_eyes:

Not a fan of Street Fighter looking more "realistic " but i guess its the newest casualty in the bid to get rid of stylization in games.

I guess i was hoping Capcom would go for a more Guilty Gear esque cell shaded art style but the Capcom that had amazing art direction in their fighters, clearly died in the 90’s and they’ll never release anything that looks as good as Third Strike ever again. Oh well. At least Red Earth finally gets a console release after 26 years of waiting.

1 Like

It seems the art style has finally changed, good :+1:t3:

There’s a good chance it wasn’t a full reveal because it’s going to be fully revealed at a Sony event.

Remember Sony had allocated a budget for getting games this gen and when MS got Bethesda they put it to use on strategic games like Star Wars. SF6 is another focal point. Last time MS didn’t bite on SFV because they had KI. This time there are rumors again of a new KI, would MS pay for SF when they have their own property coming back?

Idk but I hope it’s Ark System Works that’s making the new KI. And if so hopefully it’s on MS radar to acquire them.

SF6 releasing on Xbox will help KI get more audience, cuz the mainstream most popular IP in the genre will garner most audience and then some of that will percolate down to more lesser known games like KI. I don’t think it should be “ah well we have KI so SF6 doesn’t matter”.

3 Likes

If they dare Moneyhat it again then Phil will just buy another game company everytime they moneyhat Phil buys

3 Likes

For the record, KoFXV did the same and remember the last one was on PS only. Only time will tell, everyone. Just wait and continue living without worries.

2 Likes

Ain’t no one worry losing SF6 to Moneyhat is not gone to kill Xbox SF5 only did around 6 million sold the only game that can truly killed another console wile being moneyhat are the ones that sell over 20 million plus Street Fighter wile a very good fighting game franchise is still no where near other big game when comepare to the other behemoth games out there

No platform announced, meh. I also don’t like insiders fearmongering with no proofs. It’s clear SF6 skipping Xbox would be a MS failure and the nail in the coffin for the genre and would also reveal Capcom stance with the platform (not unlike SE honestly). I’m still positive anyway, why not saying it immediately.

1 Like

I can’t wait till mid late gen when exclusivity deals are so expensive because Xbox won’t be considered a “joke” and will be much closer to PS sales. MS can match Sony’s price, put it game pass and leave it on all platforms.

4 Likes

Jez is “on the fence” but is “safely betting” on exclusivity

This is just his opinion. I’m still in the multiplat camp.

4 Likes

MK11 is doing huge numbers. SF can be more than predecessor if they release more platform.

All games would sold more if release everywhere that is true but Moneyhat and console exclusive are a thing and it will always be a thing as long as there are still competition between the console maker that why i said that if Sony moneyhat SF6 wile not ideal for Xbox it not the end of the world Xbox will counter by buying or getting another exclusive

It won’t end the world, but it’s annoying.

1 Like

Yes but it is what it is it the nature of competition

Would be dumb as hell to put that collection on Xbox but have SF6 skip…also I have a theory that MS buying publishers is also acting as a subtle warning from MS to Sony to cut that shit out regarding third party moneyhats

Also keep in mind Capcom is more lucrative than they’ve ever been before vs 2014 when they were financially in the toilet

That being said, worse case scenario I’ll play it on PC just like I did Guilty Gear. I know people would cry foul over COD stay multiplat while Sony moneyhats more third party exclusives…but MS literally locked away all of Bethesda and pretty much every Activision/Blizzard game aside COD/OW/Diablo…anyway we really look at it, Playstation is really getting shafted far worse than Xbox with MS buying up entire publishers and pretty much locking Playstation out.

Oof MS should make a deal with Ark System Works. Get Guilty Gear and a dedicated KI studio.

No, but this particular moneyhat would be a genre-crippling one, it’s much worse than a random exclusive like Deathloop for example.

1 Like

I think the opposite was true SFV not being out on Xbox saved KI. KI had no real competition outside of MK and Injustice. On top of that SFV was a flop for Capcom and wasn’t well received for many fans of the series.

There was a fighting game sub Reddit called Kappa that would bash any fighting game mentioned on the sub Reddit but once SFV released it was so bad that the people there switched to other games.

That being said SF6 is being handled by new management and will most likely do fine.