Starfield to Run at 4k/30 and 1440p/30 Frames on Xbox Series X and S Consoles Respectively

I really don’t want to worry too much about it, besides BGS has not let us down when it comes to that. Fallout 4 for me was absolutely fine at launch, framerate too. But Starfield is different, upgraded engine, new systems, WAY bigger, etc. I was really hoping for Xbox footage 2.5 months from launch but alas.

If a delay to november is needed to really get the fps at a locked 30fps, I guess so be it. If a delay is needed, it’s needed. But I honestly hope we won’t be reading a report like that between now and late August.

You are also assuming this footage is from the current build which is not true. They did not record footage from the current build one day just like that.

2 Likes

I don’t mind a delay because im not playing Starfield until November. Hehehe. We’ll see. Despite being 30FPS and day one on Game Pass, im still buying the $100 digital premium edition. This will be my first ever BGS game that im fully going into so it has it’s chance and opportunity to wow me which thus far, it has easily done.

Good point. I always forget about things like this.

3 Likes

You are right about that. But when I compare to Fallout 4 deep dive, I recall that looking way smoother. But let’s wait, it’s probably fine.

Yeah, I remember a post by you not so long ago that you weren’t even all that excited for the game. Or am I way wrong here? Or not a TES or Fallout fan? If the former, this direct really changed it big time for you. :slight_smile:

And why not until November, Starfield is all you need. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For those who think lowering resolution = the ability to run at 60fps.

9 Likes

I’m not a BGS guy. I only played Fallout 4 years ago for a few hours and dropped it very quickly. I wasn’t the most excited for Starfield mainly due to the 1000+ planets which is still a negative for me because I see it as just too freaking much and not needed. Silent protagonist is the other negative but I can get around the planets issue and I have played games with a silent protagonist before so I can deal with it. Main reason I have become hyped is because of all the different things you can do in the game, main one being the dogfighting as it looks and sounds great plus combat looks much improved compared to a year ago. Story, premise and characters seem at least interesting. Game also looks really good too. Simply, the Starfield Direct sold me completely on the game.

As for waiting until November, it’s because I have other games I will be playing and I would prefer to have one massive backlogged game in Starfield as opposed to like 5 or so. My gaming schedule is currently Redfall (on the second map), Final Fantasy XVI, Remnant 2, Atlas Fallen, Diablo IV (this will be my September game because I’ll most likely just play the base game), Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Alan Wake 2 and Marvel’s Spider Man 2. As of now, I don’t really have any new releases for November or December so I can hold off on Starfield until then while also completing the other games that I want to play. :slight_smile:

I think its important to contextualize that 1000 planets number. You dont need to visit all of them. My read is generally speaking that they should be viewed as resource hubs. You don’t want to have to jump back across three star systems because you are a few iron short of a weapon upgrade or something, so you scan some planets nearby and find one that has the resources you need.

Additionally, for space to feel like space, it needs scale. Its as much about atmosphere as anything else. It wouldn’t have the same impacts if it was 8 planets all within flying distance of each other.

The game will still very likely point you in the direction of where the important content is.

6 Likes

I think some people are operating under the logic of there being 1000 planets, so they need to go to all of them or they aren’t getting their money’s worth and if they have 1000 planets, they all need to contain big cities and endless NPCs to get quests from otherwise, what’s the point?

I kinda get it from a completionism point of view but that’s not what this game is

I sure as heck didn’t expect 4k60, at the very least maybe 900-1080P60 at best 1200p60. Or just a performance mode with unlocked fps like FlightSim2020 has and likely 2024 will too.

These are things I’m hoping for a future update. But I’m still going to be playing this game like I did Fallout 4 at 30fps and I will enjoy my time with it. As my wallet and I weep at the $326 dollars spent on the constilation edition.

Short answer: gamers are far too entitled for their own good

5 Likes
12 Likes

I don’t get the tweet…

1 Like

He’s saying there are none

8 Likes

Ah yes, of course, haha.

1 Like

1 Like

He can’t think of any other games…that’s the tweet. :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW all this “lower the resolution to hit 60fps bro!” goes to the pile of “I don’t know what the fuck I am talking about”-armchair developer, gamer BS about tech in games along with other classic, timeless hits like “just push the button and port the damn game to a new engine man!”, “insert random modern game here looks like a PS2 game LOL” e.t.c.

5 Likes

“Just switch to UE5 Todd, it’s EZ”

The amount of times I’ve seen people say they should switch to UE is way too much

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have said at launch though, because it will get me and other hopium addicts thinking of that sweet 60fps update, as we play through the game for our 5th time.

1 Like