Starfield releases for Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs on November, 11... 2022

The music sounds fucking EPIC …can’t wait for this

2 Likes

“More hardcore RPG than we’ve done” is tuning me up. Hardcore RPG mechanics in a Bethesda open world game is a dream come true.

3 Likes

Morrowind was pretty heavy with the RPG elements, Oblivion less but there was still enough. Fallout 3 as well but with Skyrim and Fallout 4 things definitely changed.

So this is extremely good news.

3 Likes

Yeah, I did think of Morrowind when I read that statement, but for some reason I feel like this will be even more of an RPG than that game, which has me super geeked, because I do favor sci-fi over fantasy slightly.

2 Likes

That has been Howard’s plan for so many years and I think it will be even bigger.

It could possibly be much better, but I don’t think that it will be bigger because the hardcore elements are not going to appeal to a large group of people, but that is okay, because it will still be huge and great.

This game is already getting bigger hype than Cyberpunk and my god its an Xbox exclusive.

I think this game is what spearheaded MS to acquire Bethesda, its going to be a generation defining game like Halo CE.

3 Likes

I’m usually “blah” on their big RPGs. I forced myself to play through Oblivion and finally had it put it down after 25 hours or so.

I’m not really into Fallout and I skipped Skyrim but I have to say, the concept Art and idea behind Starfield have be excited!!! I’m ready.

If I can hop into my ship, launch it Elite Dangerous-style, fly to a planet, land and get out of my ship and do Elder Scrolls stuff, then I’m sold.

3 Likes

What I love about this concept art is, while it is obviously sci-fi, you can see Bethesda’s fantasy roots in it.

3 Likes

It definitely has the potential to be THE holidays 2022 game to have. Xbox will hot it’s stride in 2022 and Starfield will be getting all the hype.

One thing I notice though is the lack of commercials and publicity on the Xbox side compared to Sony. They need to market this game big!

The poster is enough! Just stick it on everywhere.

1 Like

I’d guess they will wait until closer to release before properly starting the marketing campaign. It’s still about a year & a half until release. There’s plenty of time.

I think when the time comes, they will advertise the hell out of this game.

The landscape is different, Xbox’s marketing is entirely online where it gains much more exposure. Starfield will be massive, you have Xbox + Bethesda marketing teams working together now with a massive budget.

This game will be everywhere and with Game Pass likely reaching 30-35 million subs by then, its going to be viral.

The port-begging and vitriol surrounding this game will reach a fever pitch in 2022. Imagine if CyberPunk was an Xbox/PC exclusive.

I expect at least one protest and a Change.org petition before all is said and done. This game will do to Xbox Series X|S what Oblivion did to the 360.

2022 is a pivotal year for the Xbox. It will be the inflection point for how this console generation goes. I just hope MS has enough Series S on shelves because it will be THE second console to own.

3 Likes

This…

Is enough. FTFY

You’re welcome! :wink:

4 Likes

While I know many seem to believe that whether a game is for Xbox Series only or not doesn’t matter but I am very glad Starfield is for Xbox Series only.

Like Todd said it himself, they waited for this hardware, for this tech.

2 Likes

Starfield will be the game that sees the tides turn in gaming. Its going to take so much mindshare away from Sony

3 Likes

It’s really crappy to do IMO. I worked with a guy for a long time who was absolutely a “casual” gamer. But he loved Fallout 4 and 76. Fallout in general was his jam and he played them on PlayStation, because what other console would someone with a relatively casual interest buy this past generation?

For someone like him he probably still has little to no idea his favourite franchise won’t be debuting on PlayStation again and all the noise the media is injecting into that conversation for clicks will just make it worse.

I wonder how many people out there will buy the “wrong” console over the next couple of years. Either because they don’t know franchises they want aren’t releasing on it or because they’ve been recklessly told they will. It’s irresponsible fake news tier crap. Deliberately spreading bad info for clicks and ad revenue.

2 Likes

Yes. That’s very good it’s confirmed to be next-gen only game. It’s obviously developed in-house on PC first and then scaled to consoles. Like BGS did already in the past.

Dual-gen games:

• Grounded – 2021 (Obsidian / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Psychonauts 2 – August 25th, 2021 (Double Fine / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Forza Horizon 5 – November 9th, 2021 (Playground Games / Xbox Game Studios) (unfortunately cross-gen :pleading_face:, but understandable)
  • Halo Infinite – Holiday 2021 (343 Industries / Xbox Game Studios)
  • As Dusk Falls (INTERIOR/NIGHT / Xbox Game Studios)

Only on Xbox Series X|S:

• Microsoft Flight Simulator – July 27th, 2021 (Asobo Studio / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Redfall – Summer 2022 (Arkane Austin / Bethesda Softworks)
  • "DEATHLOOP” – after September 14th, 2022 (Arkane Lyon / Bethesda Softworks)
  • GhostWire: Tokyo – after at least October 2022 (via Sony at CES 2021) (Tango Gameworks / Bethesda Softworks)
  • Starfield – November 11th, 2022 (Bethesda Game Studios / Bethesda Softworks)
  • Avowed – 2022/2023 (via sponger) (Obsidian / Xbox Game Studios)
  • EVERWILD – 2024 (via VGC) (Rare / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II (Ninja Theory / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Project: MARA (Ninja Theory / Xbox Game Studios)
  • State of Decay 3 (Undead Labs / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Forza Motorsport (Turn 10 Studios / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Fable (Playground Games / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Perfect Dark (The Initiative / Xbox Game Studios)
  • Contraband (Avalanche Studios / Xbox Game Studios)
  • The Outer Worlds 2 (Obsidian / Xbox Game Studios)

Only on Windows 10 (yet?):

• Age of Empires IV – October 25th, 2021 (Relic Entertainment, World’s Edge / Xbox Game Studios) (still don’t get it why they won’t release it on Xbox console through M+K support only. It’s technically probably not so hard to do…)
2 Likes