Starfield releases for Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs on November, 11... 2022

Originally published at: Starfield releases for Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs on November, 11... 2022 - XboxEra

We finally got the first batch of Starfield news since its original announcement in 2018! The game will be released on November 11, 2022 for Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs — straight into Game Pass, obviously.

Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom. Harnessing the power of next-gen technology and built on the all-new Creation Engine 2, Starfield takes you on a journey through space as you strive to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.

10 Likes

I hope we will not wait til next E3 to see gameplay.

I think the next time we see it is for one of Todd’s deep dives so around E3 next year.

3 Likes

E3 2022 bedause todd generally low key till the 6 months before release…but he might shiw more trailers at gamescom, znd gameawards to build off of.

1 Like

Smart of them to start with this trailer, considering the release date. It does suck that I won’t be able to play it this year, but more time given is almost always a good thing.

Not to mention the game itself looked surprisingly good (to me), graphically.

2 Likes

Holy crap, this interview with Todd Howard gets me really freaking hyped for this one. I actually work for NASA and have been a fan of them prior to that, so that resonates with me :slight_smile:

‘Starfield,’ Microsoft and the past year at Bethesda Softworks - The Washington Post

8 Likes

EXCLUSIVE.

Giant fucking letters right there.

Even with two games they really hammered home how Bethesda is Xbox now.

9 Likes

This is the new thread for Starfield now?

9 Likes

Aliens

3 Likes

It really does seem like we will visit some wild planets and moons.

Yep, some weird,fucking big crab like things. Awesome! BGS creature design is great.

I just looooove the lo-fi sci-fi vibes.

1 Like

EXCLUSIVE, hope this let’s certain fan bases move on in their stages of acceptance

You and me both. I love the original design of Alien and have no idea why Ridley Scott went back on it for the prequels.

Next up on IGN… “Still a Chance Starfield releases on PS5”

2 Likes

I have very strong Star Wars x Interstellar vibes from Starfield. Super hyped.

10 Likes

Damn that looks real good. Gonna be a long wait to play this. E3 deep dive no doubt for next year.

1 Like

That concept art has me really excited.

Starfield seems to be exactly what I wanted. I cannot wait to see more.

I loved the “homage” to 2001 in the monitors on the ship, it was one of the things that was really noticable. That and how the ship looked worn, lived in and yet not a filthy ruin like everything in Fallout looks. I want to play in a universe where people have time to run a hoover around :slight_smile:

WARNER_2007_Blu-ray_01-01-14_1920px-620x279

4 Likes

I wish the game was coming sooner & we had got more than just another short teaser, but at the same time I’m just so happy it’s finally been properly revealed & we have the release date.

Another year & a half seems like a long wait now but I hope it means a better product in the end, free of any launch issues to dampen the experience.

All of the official screenshots & concept art look awesome. Can’t wait to hear & see more closer to release.

1 Like