Starfield releases for Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs on November, 11... 2022

I wholeheartedly recommend watching this video,a very nice analysis video.

This is what I always love when a new game by BGS is announced, or a new GTA or RDR by Rockstar. People analyze the details to the bone.

Matty makes no mention of it but at 13:30 you can spot another robot walking around. Cool!

1 Like

@Shpeshal_Nick and his sources were right to a certain extent! :ok_hand:t2:

Microsoft most likely actually bought ad time, because they already advertise Starfield and Redfall on YouTube.

1 Like

I mean, why advertise a late 2022 game that you allegedly know is 2022 a year and a half early?

Unless of course, you thought it might make 2021.

6 Likes

Pfft, that kind of thing doesn’t happen

…shit

5 Likes
1 Like

So here is what a Bethesda lighting artist had to say (bold and underline emphasis is mine) about that trailer’s creation at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eanqOD. It is starting to become very clear why Phil Spencer was acting so hyped about Starfield in prior interviews, as I really think this stands to become a historic game.

I created the lighting for the 2021 teaser trailer of Starfield. Using our own Creation Engine 2, we created this entirely in game without any cinematic tools. Working closely with director, Istvan Pely, I assisted in art direction for anything lighting and mood related.

6 Likes

They weren’t playing when they said this was the biggest engine upgrade they’ve done.

5 Likes

Sounds like my dream game. Hype is through the roof for this one. If it’s as good as Skyrim I’ll be playing it off and on for a decade.

Yeah, it makes me extremely hyped for elder scrolls on this engine. I wonder how good mods will be on this upgraded engine and hopefully consoles can get same mods as PC.

2 Likes

Remember there were some internal Xbox documents in the last several years talking about some type of system level mod approach on console. I still have hope that this will be announced at some point, and it is a perfect fit with the Bethesda games such as Starfield.

5 Likes

Starfield will be the perfect game to flex that. Plus, I think having mod support on console will be good to generate even more hype for the game on social media and other platforms. I do remember when I sued to game on PC i would get games or try out due to mod support

1 Like

But “creation engine bad”

-People that dont know anything about Engines beyond Epic and Decima

1 Like

That narrative has always driven me crazy. No other engine that I’m aware of does the things Creation does in terms of interactivity/physics/object tracking/etc.

1 Like

I mean, their games are pretty ugly lol. I just look forward to a BGS game where the NPC characters don’t look like ass. Hopefully improvement in tools and procedural generation allows them to quickly make many high quality NPC.

I enjoy Fallout 76 quite a lot but I agree, besides the great art design (imo) the game looks like ass which I think is something that can be said of Bethesda games released this gen as their engine hasn’t kept up. However that Starfield teaser looked amazing and gives me lots of hope for future Bethesda games.

Is Elder Scrolls Online running on CE as well? Wonder if they’d be willing to go back and update older games like this one, especially since it’s a GAAS and will be running for a long time, or if it would be too much trouble. I’m also wondering if the next ZOE game will be on CE2 or something else.

If the trailer is anything to go by characters and their faces will look rather impressive. Ok we only see the side of the astronaut’s face but it sure looks good.

The games being ugly is not an engine limitation, it’s a resource limitation. If you play with mods on PC you can make the scenery in Skyrim look as good as any game from last gen and make every character look like a supermodel - but you need a lot of video ram to do it.

It only just hit me now with everyone saying the Starfield trailer only has that many views is because of YouTube ads using it. Doesn’t this sort of confirm what @Shpeshal_Nick was saying about MS buying ad time for the game?

1 Like

Correct

2 Likes