Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space!

I am shocked.

The game was always going to be 30fps as it is a Bethesda title on console.

From what I understand reading toms statement bethesda didnā€™t want it to lose any fidelity, it purposely doesnā€™t have a 60 fps mode with lower graphics or res.

Like everyone expected lol. The series X has a decent CPU, but it will take a cpu thatā€™s more expensive then a Series X to run that game at a locked 60 fps.

6:25 Heā€™s talking about id, fingers crossed for next years show.

9:55 Watching the direct live I remember thinking this feels like rdr2 in space, and wishing it can come close to capturing that, tom talking about it in the interview is incredible.

7 Likes

Iā€™m glad they left that out, too far into spoiler territory.

5 Likes

Iā€¦ wasnā€™t 100% sold till today but this is likeā€¦.it looks like GOAT tier of a game.

1 Like

Around 1000 planets? Am I ever going to not play this?

1 Like

For my fellow germans. CE is live on Amazon and for whatever reason a little bit cheaper. 268ā‚¬

PC version is also live and more expensive. 275ā‚¬

Someone messed up at Amazon. :doge:

Phil says that prior to the acquisition Starfield had a significantly earlier release date. Seems like theyā€™ve had more time than ever to really polish this as Booty claims that this has the least amount of bugs compared to other Bethesda titles.

I think the Starfield Direct was really well made and good. But i dont understand how it did a 180 in the public reception of this game. What they showed before looked almost the same as here you just got to see more of it :woman_shrugging:

Of course it did. How do you think Zenimax planned to pay their bills in 2022?

5 Likes

Yeah I also thought last yearā€™s showing was awesome and this yearā€™s showing was just confirmation for me.

1 Like

even more before than that. the acquisition completed in mid 2021 so thereā€™s a good chance that the 1st insider date was q3-q4 2021. like wtf man.

1 Like

Shocked!

Not at all.

Although I do wish they had a framerate unlocked mode for VRR. Damn.

Depending on what platform they showed, they do need to smoothen that framerate out. Iā€™m not sure if it was running at 60fps and going below, I thought at first glance. Second time watching it could be 30fps too and dipping under it.

1 Like

Please move on from the 30fps thing by tomorrow.

3 Likes

lol

so different time of day is a Remaster now?

Nah itā€™s more than that. Look at the building to the right, now it has more details, overall it looks better detailed.

where? its different camera positions. 2022 one also has macroblocking artifacts, seems from a low bitrate youtube stream?

Hmm I see what you mean.

Very true, the city in terms of colors and/or lighting had this dullish look last year. Itā€™s so good now.

1 Like

I just realize the CE has a steel book, but the game is digital only. Thatā€™s a weird choice.