Starfield: Official Gameplay Reveal - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

AI has the problem that if it gets too good it won’t be fun to play.

2 Likes

Gotta find that right balance which seems extremely hard. I rather it be more realistic than be brain dead AI though.

1 Like

Starfield is easily our most ambitious game ever.’ - Todd Howard and Bethesda Game Studios

For the first time in 25 years, we’re creating a new universe. Set hundreds of years into our future, it’s an epic, about hope, our shared humanity, and answering our greatest mystery.’

I’m glad they have something like almost a year to polish as much as possible. It already looks incredible. Take your time.

This game is gonna break every previous record at Bethesda if the quality is here. Can’t even imagine the potential with all the mods that will flourish from the community.

17 Likes

There are a lot of people who are mad for the console exclusivity, but are also a lot of people who will also always be really upset if they don’t like the combat of a game, even if it’s from a known entity like BGS who obviously doesn’t have combat look and feel as one their highest priorities

1 Like

The thing about AI I think it’s not only a hardware resource limitation but also desin/programming resources limitation. I think most devs don’t consider as much a priority as other things like visuals, animations, audio and so if they wanted better AI on top of better everything else, things are gonna take even longer in development.

Seeing some of this game has made me much more interested in it than I was before, which I can also say for Redfall. I’ve never been particularly in to Bethesda’s games trying skyrim a couple times and wolfenstein and fallout 4 once. This looks more up my alley. One thing I did wonder though is how many factions there will be. I think we have seen 3 at this point, but with 1000 planets and 100 systems, I’d kinda hope for a bit more complexity of the groups than just 3. Still definitely looking forward to this now.

I am not the biggest Bethesda entusiast, but I am out control excited about what I saw from Starfield today

Everything about it, including yes, the flying. Proven, I was teasing you about how sure you were about that, but damn am I happy you were right

6 Likes

I just couldn’t imagine a world where Bethesda hypes up the ultimate space game but you were stuck on a few planets and couldn’t fly anywhere.

A lot of people were expecting The Outer Worlds 2.0

5 Likes

This is one of those games where the streaming quality really hurts hard. Just saw it on 4k and it is a night and day difference.

Now, theres a couple of things I would like to now abou the game.

1. How complex are the RPG elements? Hope for something better than fallout 4 (fallout 76 would be the perfect balance between casual and complex)

2. Will we be able to explore the surface of the planet with our ships? It seems the ships have a “landing” stat when you customize them.

3. Hope to learn more about the exploratiom in this game. I know not even 1/5 of the 1000 planets will have “strong” exploration but I hope to see alien ruins, lore, different aliens species, different atmospheres and gravity conditions, flora, caves…etc.

4. Will it have be a game based on physics? Like Im not expecting Star citizen but it would be cool to see, for example, if gravity affects your movility and weapons or if you need to use different suits/upgrade your ship to enter some locations and stuff like that.

5. Will space exploration be limited only to space combat, movement between planets and ship invations? Hope they go crazy and let us explore black holes, land on asteroids, scan planets from orbit…etc.

6. Will there be “special” companions? Seems you can invite bunch of randoms but not sure if any or all will have something to them.

7. How much our decisions affect the world (well…words :p) like, it would be cool to be known as galactic tyrant in the entire galaxy or maybe just become a legendary bounty hunter?

8. Will there be faction wars and could we “erase” one of them in thw process? I also hope they do more to the factions than just let us join all of them without consecuences. Hope they let us do things like sabotage or something like that.

9. I dont know anthyng about the man story so far.

10. And MOST IMPORTANTLY!! WILL THERE BE COSMIC GODS/ENTITIES/ELDRITCH ABOMIMATIONS?!

So many questions but my hype is higgher than ever after all the posibilities this game could give us!!

PD: bad grammar due to being on mobile :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That was my. It really exceeded my espectations!

1 Like

I actually really liked the look of the space combat. Flying in general sounded and looked like a real spectacle to me. It immediately made me think of the Destiny or Mass Effect ship flying cutscenes. But with your own custom ship and crew and not a cutscene. That’s pretty awesome all on its own.

It’s hard for me to feel one way or another about the combat. We saw a couple minutes of early game combat with early game weapons and enemies in an RPG. It’s almost guaranteed to be the most basic weapons and enemies in the game. Not to mention so much of gunplay in games is tactile. I have no idea how people are making sweeping statements about it just by watching a clip of it.

I doubt it’s going to be groundbreaking. But I’d be pretty surprised if it wasn’t serviceable.

1 Like

Gotta say, nothing about the space flight looks rough. Did they impprove it that much since that (dumb) insider left or was it just exageration? :thinking:

Do we think space flight will be skippable? Like say i just don’t feel like flying to another planet and it just fast travels.

I think due to the time Starfield was in development, it failed to completely blow our mind due to

• The Outer Worlds
  • No Man’s Sky

As it has similar vibes.

It looked stiff… BUT that might be intentional, no way to tell before we play it ourselves really. So much of that comes down to the feel of it.

I gotta hand it to you @Proven , you were right it feels much more complete with space flight in it. I still don’t think it is necessary, but yeah it looks like it will be a good part of the game the way it is done and together with all the other parts.

1 Like

The Normandy and Tempest from Mass Effect!!

1 Like

Everything that can be said has pretty much been said, but, I want to add that the facial movements/lip sync was really impressive.

2 Likes

“our minds” is doing a lot of work here, speak for yourself.

9 Likes

Beyond my wildest dreams of what I expected.

Bethesda’s ambition when it comes to scope of the sandbox remains unmatched.

4 Likes

I mean its a full on exploration rpg. Its about that and the story.

Witcher 3 had dogshit combat at launch. Still amazing game.

Gunplay looks fine. Do people expect cod?

1 Like