Starfield: Official Gameplay Reveal - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

I don’t need top of the line gunplay mechanics, just something that feels good. FO4 didn’t feel good at all to me, maybe Starfield will improve on that. We’ll see.

1 Like

Trust me i agree with you but all these people complaining about combat have either never played a bethesda game or are just being negative because its not coming to playstation. Both fallout and elder scrolls have janky combat but that doesnt stop these games from being amazing

6 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with you and I will try my best to avoid more videos too, but can’t guarantee that I will succeed.

For example, we didn’t see much of the RPG elements, if they were to cover that I’d probably like to see that. But I definitely agree with you about finding stuff out by yourself. Things like just exploring. Remember the concept arts where one of the guys is inside a cave of some sort? The unknown, those kinds of things I hope Starfield will be full of. The beauty of handcrafted game worlds.

And I’m sure plenty of those “1000 planets” will be more like NMS, barren, or like those empty Mass Effect planets, procedurally generated stuff. But I have no doubt there will be tons of handcrafted beauty by the team waiting to be explored.

1 Like

Especially the city locations, so much attention to detail in those locations from what we’ve seen.

1 Like

People are gonna mod the shit out of the 1000 planets, people are so gonna try mod something like Skyrim on one of the planets :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ok but see this is a RPG mainly not a FPS game so it has so many more things in it that it has to account for if Starfield were just purely a FPS than yeah the gunplay would be better but from what i see it is fine it even improve from FO4 already from what i see

1 Like

Yep, what I’ve seen has allready sold me 100% on the game. I want that sense of mystery when I launch it myself, just like you described. No need to see anything else for me now.

This game will be fantastic.

3 Likes

Haha, for sure.

1 Like

I know it’s an RPG, i just hope that it feels good to ME. It’s not going to break or make the game for everyone else, it’s just simply my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious lol.

When people mod the Fallout Earth into the game >>>

3 Likes

Lots of people seems to be confused about proper RPG’s :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly. I want that rush and feeling that Tunic gave me, a sense of discovery and amazement.

3 Likes

IGN wrong for this one lol

The AI was more than fine in Fallout 4, those gun battles often were a nice challenge with human enemies. I expect at least as good AI here. Gunplay is hard to say, it’s fine in Fallout 4 but not ideal and most of the time I went for VATS anyway because it fucking rocks, haha.

Very nice detail in there. But I expect we won’t be doing much questing there, but I hope we do. One area looked like Cyberpunk a little, we had concept art of that too. Would be nice to do some quests there. But I expect the non city planets to be interesting too. Like how Skyrim has all these caves and dungeons and what not. Locations that just beg to be explored.

It’s easy to look at this footage, see some creatures walking around and at first glance thinking it’s like NMS, but knowing BGS they’ll have some special stuff here. And the 1000 planets bit is just Todd being Todd, seemed a bit similar to the radiant quest thingy in Skyrim. Didn’t he call it Infinite quests back then? In a comment section on YouTube I saw that Todd apparently is being called the “bigger is better” man around BGS, lol.

1 Like

Bethesda have made several attempts at combat before that at least showed that they realize they need to do more, they attempted some with Skyrim, and they did do more with FO4 which was actually their first game with decent combat they had. It’s safe to assume they’ll try do even more with the engine upgrade, while it might not be DOOM or Halo Infinite, it should be on the enjoyable enough RPG side (Cyberpunk level maybe).

I should probably give No Man’s Sky a shot. Wonder if it’s still on Game Pass

Edit: looks like it is

1 Like

I cant wait till no mans sky adds there gripping story dlc then

2 Likes

It definitely seems they have a few things to still iron out. Framerate, the shooting, AI, the flying + combat.

Which is fine, they have many months to work on it left.

Looking more forward to the AI improvements. AI technology is what I want to see improve the most when it comes to next gen games.

2 Likes