Square Enix and Xbox

nah

i’d say about $50 mill there’s not been a game in years and honestly outside the people that played it in the past i doubt it’s a big mover.

if Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, and so on was only $300mill

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/1688408499104178176?s=20

Man all this coping for squares is crazy dog

7 Likes

It might be nice if they do a remake of it though.

4 Likes

Not that I care too much about se games, but I’ve read that final fantasy was and is supposed to skip xbox for the foreseeable future, how does that work exactly? I imagine they work out the numbers and come to an agreement for either money up front to “buy exclusivity” or maybe a different split that favors square more than sony? My question is, what happens if they see that isn’t working for them? are they supposed to uphold whatever contract they signed and take the loss for the next 2 or 3 ff games that come out?

This definitely sucks. They’re basically copying Sony by going all in with AAA games and that’s it. UGH. And here I thought the new CEO would be making some good changes. Thus far, I see it as 1-1. FFXIV coming to Xbox is good but no more AA titles is bad.

Really enjoyed Valkyrie Elysium and Trials of Mana remake. Other games like Octopath and others are excellent games but not for me. Still prefer them to exist though. As I don’t want only AAA games from publishers because well, that’s fucking boring.

1 Like

They might still contract some games to external developers and publishers but I think Hargeet said they want to put all their focus into few games and releasing the best products which could be good.

1 Like

We’ll see. I really enjoyed Trials of Mana remake and Valkyrie Elysium for the most part but couldn’t beat the final boss. I know their 2D-HD games are amazing even though they’re not for me. But we’ll see what happens.

The HD2D games will at least probably be fine because they have an internal team for them (although every HD2D game had a different external support studio helping) and none of them have been misses so far.

In 2021 it was confirmed the next Mana game is in development (not formally announced) and Square did release a small visual novel game (Paranormasight) this year by the devs of Trials of Mana remake (Xeen)

I’m going to hope less AAs isn’t going to be to an extreme extent.

I didn’t know a new main Mana game was in development so that’s good news. I hope the decrease in AA games from Square Enix is minimal.

I hope so, i enjoyed playing Octopath Traveler on Xbox. I would definitely buy and play the second game when it arrives hopefully. Same if a third game is announced.

The same could be said for Triangle Strategy and Live a life if SE end up porting it for Xbox. Heard good things about both so i would be excited to play them eventually as well as hope for more sequels as well.

1 Like

Theyre such piss easy cheap ports.

I hear you but it could also be that they will be upgrading some of this IPs to triple A level rather than trying a new triple A IP.

4 Likes

Fair point, it could be their way of saying that they’re going to try to improve the quality and spend a bit more time and money polishing stuff before releasing. Hadn’t really thought about that way.

1 Like

That could be it. I wonder if Octopath Traveller is being considered by Square Enix to move into triple A as well. Now that would be fun to imagine.

1 Like

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1694401990615515320?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

8 Likes

September should answer how other games besides XIV are gonna go. Besides the Xbox TGS which I’m sure will introduce some late ports, the September Nintendo Direct is basically a lock for having something new from Square, they bring something to almost all of them (last time was Star Ocean 2 HD2D). Provided it’s not a Switch exclusive thing they reveal, we’ll see if Switch/PS/PC only happens again or not.

4 Likes

If SE are smart and arent invested deep inside sonys rear theyd get ff16 out on PC and Xbox asap.

Ff7 is one of those where sony will try and keep console exclusive. Whatever. But 16 should be multiplay asap. It will be the worst selling mainline FF game post 7 if they dont

Its a wait and see situation in my personal opinion. Cause remember the quote “Rome was not build in one day” and Square Enix is the opposite of that by just not doing so for Xbox for a while now. But lets hope you are right.

Going on a limb here, if anything we a probably just getting ports for Triangle Strategy and Octopath Traveller 2. As for the Mana franchise or FF16? I have higher hopes of Shin Megami Tensei, Atelier or YS being ported beforehand, but i could be proven wrong.