Spider-Man will be exclusive to Playstation version of Avengers. PlayStation also gets exclusive and timed cosmetics, early access to Beta

AFAIK it doesn’t have crossplay anymore

Xbox should get Ant-Man as an exclusive. It’s only fair. :eyes:

I guess to add to their PR story…I don’t know…

All they said was more news coming for PlayStation soon.

Wait what?

Any bit of hype that was left for this game just plummeted. Will probably be something I play for dirt cheap next year.

SE likes to put games for as cheap as $5 later so I’ll get it then

Yea, no crossplay

1 Like

Playstation hardcore should not cry if Batman becomes an exclusive to Xbox platform

4 Likes

I guess I won’t be playing as Spider-Man. I am going to be playing this on the Xbox Series X and not my PS5. I have to many friends and family all on Xbox so sharing this game and playing with them is better for me than having to get it on the PS5 for the character. :craig:

1 Like
1 Like

Pass

1 Like

I’ll be giving this a wide berth, I won’t be buying it on either platform.

1 Like

Looks like Digital Foundry/Eurogamer is also not a fan of this practice.

To be fair, Alex only speaks for himself, not for all members of DF.

2 Likes

Understood. I will say I am not a fan of the practice, be it on any console including Xbox. Either way, I just hope the game is really good.

1 Like

Few things as crappy imo as having a class/character in a multi-plat game be exclusive to one platform when it’s not that platform’s own IP.

not a fan of marvel at all but shitty move for people who wants to play this game.

1 Like

I consider exclusive content the most despicable form of exclusivity, especially if the said exclusivity is permanent. It’s one thing to have a whole game exclusive to a certain platform - fine, maybe I won’t get to play it, but then again, you won’t get my money either, so that’s fair in a way - but for a publisher to take my money, only to saddle me with an arbitrarily inferior experience - that just crosses the line for me.

All that said, I’ve never had much interest in this game, so it’ll just be even easier to avoid.

2 Likes

Game has turned into a pass, not going to drop the same amount for less, if the game turns out to be really good/unmissable, I’ll buy it on sale.

But that is genuinely disappointing, spiderman whilst associated with Sony in recent years, is one of the more interesting marvel heroes to someone like me, who isn’t big on marvel.

Im really not a fan of these anti consumer deals, that locks people out of substantial content for not buying a game on a certain platform.

Spiderman was the only character I purchased on that marvel online game that died within months on xbox a few years back XD.

2 Likes