Spider-Man will be exclusive to Playstation version of Avengers. PlayStation also gets exclusive and timed cosmetics, early access to Beta

It’s never been a better time to be a spider-fan! The team at Crystal Dynamics, along with our partners, are overjoyed that we get to be a part of this hero’s gaming journey. We can’t wait for you to add Spider-Man to your Marvel’s Avengers roster in early 2021, and as we’ve promised before, he will be available at no additional cost to owners of the base game, exclusively on PlayStation.

Not surprised. Sony clearly wants to associate Spiderman with Playstation and only Playstation.

It does make the game easier to avoid though.

7 Likes

Expected considering Sony’s push for Spiderman = PS but it’s still shit.

3 Likes

I was already not getting this game but this sucks for anyone who isn’t planning to get it on Playstation

2 Likes

The best part is its Crystal Dynamic’s own take on spiderman which makes the deal even worse. This is the kind of timed exclusivity that is so dirty and frustrating whenever it occurs and whoever does it.

3 Likes

Spiderman on PS4 was absolutely a huge get for Playstation. It’s now clear that deal will extend to other games, as seen here in the Avengers. It’s a big bummer for Xbox fans.

Can’t believe some people are being happy with this kind of markenting tactics… If every company buys a Marvel Avenger for the game we end up with half playable game for the same price… I hate that this things work for sony tho. Thats why they keep doing this.

5 Likes

Yep they just lost me, not supporting this kind of move anymore.

5 Likes

Predictable, and it makes me less inclined to buy the game. Game costs the same but Xbox owners get less for their buck. Will wait for sale/Game Pass probably.

4 Likes

Do we know if this is timed? I was under the impression the entire character was PS only for, well, ever.

wow I thought this was just a rumor, extremely sad to see it being true, but I’m not surprised, I guess. This is kinda essentially Pay to win, just that in this case, if you want to play as a famous beloved character, you gotta buy a whole new console.

2 Likes

I’ll own both consoles, but this is just dumb. I thought/hoped these types of lame deals were behind us.

Maybe Xbox will get it’s own character lol. Ah who am I kidding.

Now I prepare myself for the eventual FF16 timed exclusive news…

Ooooph that sucks! Yeah I might have to pass or wait for deep sale on this.

Not sure at all, they don’t mention its timed or permanent.

Good point, but I really don’t like this as a consumer. Maybe it makes sense for business but it’s not something positive in general.

Yep, not buying this game.

Funny thing is that Marvel owns the gaming rights to Spider-Man and they still accept this shit deals. Oh well

3 Likes

None of the trailers managed to convince me to care about this game.

2 Likes

Well, going to vote with my wallet here :frowning:

4 Likes

If it was timed…