Soul Hackers 2 from Atlus Out Now On Xbox One and Xbox Series!

I’m so happy right now :face_holding_back_tears:

Day 1, and probably all the stupid overpriced costume DLC too.

1 Like

This is great! I’m not a huge fan of JRPGs but I’ll definitely buy it to support Atlus on Xbox. Let’s hope for this to continue with future titles from Atlus.

2 Likes
14 Likes

Isn’t she in charge with Sega partnership? I bet she’s stoked to have Atlus on board.

Is this game this big of a deal? I have never even heard of this game.

What kind of game is this? How is its gameplay?

And we are stuck with this Switch until 2025 at least. Maybe they will embrace cloud more.

There was an idea that Atlus would rather resign enmasse than develop something for Xbox :joy:

2 Likes

It’s somewhat worth noting that the fact this game is releasing on Xbox One would mean they have the dev kit. Sounds like a clue to more releases of old games. I mean KoFXV made sense with their budget and how they completely skip last gen Xbox. With Atlus, they tend to like rerelease old games to platform never touched on like PC.

I’m just saying…

The people that actually believe that must be complete morons but then the stupidity of humanity doesn’t surprise me anymore.

Let’s not say like that. People legit thought Atlus wouldn’t release any Xbox games. It’s been 8 years and even Klob acknowledged that it’s been so long.

Finally have the time to watch all the footages. This doesn’t look like a proper Soul Hackers sequel at all. More like a mix of Persona in a new setting, not even Souls Hackers. SH 1 used one MC who summoned 4 demons and this game is the same as Persona. The cyberpunk setting is way too colorful in comparison with SH1.

Good because it’s coming to xbox, bad because it doesn’t really resemble the first game.

From the trailer it looks similar to the recent Persona games. Turn-based JRPG battle system, with an element of capturing/fusing demons and summoning them in battle. IIRC the original Soul Hackers was a first-person dungeon crawler.

1 Like

That’s what I said especially the character design is nothing like the first.

It doesn’t “anger” me that they’re using the name though, it’s not some legendary title. To me this is basically a new Megaten/Atlus game more than it is a “Soul Hackers game”, so that’s my excitement.

Also upon further examination this might actually be worse graphically than SMT V (also doesn’t seem to be Unreal Engine. SMT V was), so excluding the Switch is… insanity. Even when Atlus does a multiplat release they STILL screw up the platforms :joy:

1 Like

They’re not sure whether to gloat about it because it’s not on Switch (Switch Persona 5 “port beggars” are constantly attacked by “The Cult”), or to attack it because it’s daring to be on Xbox. Pretty hilarious to see :grin:

1 Like

I don’t know what this game is, but seems like a good JRPG. Maybe Phil’s trips to Japan are finally paying off.

You’d be better off considering it a new Atlus IP targeting the Persona fanbase more than a sequel, because it’s not like the original at all, so it’s “fine” to not know what it is going into it.

Another thing regarding a Switch version. I saw someone say that Switch is getting 2 heavy hitting exclusive JRPGs that this game is releasing right in the middle of (Live A Live remake in July, and then Xenoblade 3 in September, only a week after this game), so it could be why Atlus is withholding the Switch version, to avoid that release date on Switch. I think it’ll be on Switch within 6 months of release.

1 Like

So, kind of expectedly, there is a lukewarm reception in Japan to this not being on Switch. This Japanese site rounded up several tweets that are disappointed and the article itself has tons of clicks and thousands of comments

…Xcloud. Get it on there MS. Whatever you have to pay may actually be worth it for those JP Game Pass subs.

4 Likes

Yeah, Game Pass + XCloud would be perfect.

The sun shone a little bit brighter today.

2 Likes

12 Likes