Soul Hackers 2 from Atlus Out Now On Xbox One and Xbox Series!

No-meltdown-mode Prog posts the same amount of messages as meltdown-mode Prog :joy:

This is the biggest megaton of the year so far for me.

Acti-Blizz was freakin’ fart in the wind compared to a Day 1 Megaten Atlus game on Xbox

2 Likes

Hey I hope so!!

Let’s go!! I’m ready to preorder this game! I love Persona 5, Royal and Strikers. I’m tired of buying Japanese games on my PlayStation! Thanks Phil, Sarah and Team Xbox for helping in whatever way! More please Atlus

1 Like

Hell yeah, day one!

1 Like

I’ve yet to give an Atlus game a real try but will make this the first. Would be nice if they could get a turn-based RPG like this working on the cloud. Seems like the perfect style of game to play on the go.

3 Likes

Didnt know a game called Soul Hackers existed until today and now there is a Part 2.

More games on xbox is a good thing

2 Likes

He is indeed lying. The stream has no mention of switch. And to be quite frank, the game doesn’t look to intense for switch at all.

Nope, it certainly doesn’t. Is graphically worse looking than the Switch exclusive SMT V

And now Direct Feed Games says “they did not give a reason”

https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/status/1495898549778845696

I think it’s getting a late port though. 6 months to a year later. The graphics already look like it took the concessions to run on Switch, I don’t see why it would never come to it.

For now, I wonder how this will do in the sales? SMT V sold over 800k on Switch alone. It’s the best selling SMT game and one of Atlus’s fastest selling games (reached that number in under 2 months. It took SMT IV 2 years to sell 600k)

If it fails to surpass SMT V then, oof, someone at Atlus should be bitch slapped for not considering Switch for this.

Interesting. I was cheated and lied to!

Anyway, that is odd. Perhaps the team all worked on SMTV and have no one else to work on Switch. I bet it’s not easy with limited hardware in compare to roomy and expansive hardwares. I could be wrong, of course. The game is already on the way rather than two years later. You can say this is this gen console debut release from Atlus.

All right, definitely in on this one.

Not going to lie, I’m still shocked.

1 Like

I’m all for Atlus getting dragged, maybe some journalist will do their jobs and start asking the hard questions lol

For those not in the know about these games:

This appears to be going with a pretty standard turn based JRPG combat system, the unique element here for JRPGs is it will have SMT’s demon collecting/fusing elements. So a sort of Pokemon/Digimon thing where you collect demons and level/modify/fuse them and call them into battle. You have also different elements you need to exploit and protect in battle. This isn’t going to be a Persona “relationship sim” despite appearing like it is borrowing that art direction.

1 Like

I really hope there’s a ridiculous $100+/200+ physical special edition available either in store or through Atlus.

Hell I just hope there’s physical period, but if digital only is the trade-off I’ll gladly take it.

Should be physical, if Sega is handling that. They gave Xbox Valkyria Chronicles 4 physically and a special edition

It might just only be digital in Japan which is highly the norm for Xbox there now. Again, VC4 did that.

There is one but as far as we know its PS4/PS5 only for now

I should have bought that stupid deluxe edition but I only had so much money at the time.

I instead got a version that came with a hat that looked like a Shiba Inu.

Worth it.

Man I hope this will have an Xbox version in the states.

Yeah that’s for Japan. No information on physical distribution in the West for now.

Hope we get that. I need that Ringo Jack Frost…