Soul Hackers 2 from Atlus Out Now On Xbox One and Xbox Series!

Just woke up, WTF. This is insane. Surely I’m still dreaming?

1 Like

The thread title should be “more shocking than the Activision Acquisition.”

2 Likes

You didn’t hear? Microsoft bought SEGA that’s why this is happening

3 Likes

I hope porting SH1 is in the cards. Makes sense considering this is a NUMBERED sequel to a 25 year old game (with the English version only being on 3DS). The genre (first person dungeon crawler or “DRPG”) is most certainly NOT for everyone though (especially today. I won’t lie this game is extremely outdated), but it is one of the easier games in this genre.

For now I will post some of my favorite songs in the OST of the original game and just gush about it.

Standard battle theme

“Paradigm X” Theme. Paradigm X is a “virtual internet” you can walk around in (I loved this part of the game, very much added to it’s unique setting)… Sounds like the Metaverse (and this game is from 1997)!

Just one of many dungeon crawling themes. This is from an early game dungeon

Right now I am liking the character design of the first game more. This sequel is perhaps a bit TOO Persona-ish. Not knocking it too hard though, it’s just a modern take on the game.

Characters from the original

The leader of “Spookies”, the gang of hackers you join at the start of the game. His full name is literally “Masahiro Sakurai”… Sounds familiar :thinking:

ALRH7q

Love the design of this goofball, Carol J.

Everyone loves Nemissa :yum:

rcxq0hu7mt341

Though I always liked Mary, the gothic vampire maid

I don’t know if they’ll ever port it, but if you have a 3DS you should give it a shot someday. For now, it doesn’t look like this sequel is using much (if anything) from the original, so it looks like you don’t HAVE to play it.

This is some random gameplay. Keep in mind this is a VERY “old-school” style game. (Again, it’s a Sega Saturn game from 1997, though this is the 3DS port)

6 Likes

I hope they launch it in Game Pass

1 Like

If its a Gamepass day 1 release I will spend more for the extra content.

I hope it’s not a straight port. This game is 25 years old, and playing the port version on 3DS wasn’t that good.

Anyways I’m very happy about SH2 release on Xbox. Hope they announce a collector’s edition for the western audience.

The trailer mentions “The Phantom Society” which is a group in the original game… The amount of people I’m seeing who think it’s a Persona 5 reference to The Phantom Thieves… Just have to grin and bear them :grimacing:

And it looks like there will be some returning characters. Apparently the same guy (Dr. Victor). Well I hope we see his maid I posted above :smile:

Victor_Bust_(DSSH_Art)

2 Likes

Never thought I’d see this. Atlus on Xbox? What’s next, world peace?

Not my kind of game, but like others have mentioned I might buy a copy just to support the effort. Must be annoying to the Cult, so I’m all for it.

5 Likes

As you can probably already imagine, I have noticed quite a bit of salt around today.

6 Likes

Haha, not surprised.

Why would people be upset?

I remember in SF6 thread that someone said PS only or no buy. I don’t understand the benefit. I really don’t.

2 Likes

This gen will be tough for both sides with multiplatform releases there and there :joy: Not to mention potential tech giants joining the fray

Console Warring of course.

1 Like

Maybe it will come Switch later but yeah I think they’re using a template.

I must say I’m a little surprised that Atlus is using a female main character this time, not often you see them do that. The art style is also very similar to Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but I guess that’s because it’s the same team.

Delusional console warriors that somehow think the game being exclusive would be better for it. Also, Switch folk are quite displeased that they’re being left out but not Xbox.

Switch I could understand in some way, mainly the fan base over Japan is incredibly huge. But I’ll take Atlus’ words for now.

It’s Nintendo’s fault Switch hardware is crap.

2 Likes

SMTV looks like dog on my Switch. Yuck. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

3 Likes