Sony removing Cyberpunk from Store + giving full refunds

True. Fallout 76 and Anthem were worse at launch than what Cyberpunk 2077 currently is and as far as I know, Cyberpunk 2077 hasn’t bricked any console where as the other two did. Granted, the percentage was small but whatever.

I look at it this way - if Sony had the marketing deal for Cyberpunk 2077, would they have delisted the game? My guess is no.

I agree but there’s been MORE games that have been FAR WORSE at launch and this never happened. Sometimes, I believe that companies/people simply look for a scapegoat. At least CDPR has admitted and acknowledged all the issues. No other company does that.

Holy shit this is bad so as if now its a timed Xbox exclusive lol

I mean, I played Anthem at launch and I found it was a great game. The biggest criticism I remember was the lackluster looting system.

Meanwhile, this is Cyberpunk running on a base PS4/XOne:

I really can’t remember another game with problems like this. There were bugs, even some crashes. But damn, Cyberpunk took it to a whole other level.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Worseness is all relative though, and mileage may vary from person to person (I encounteted far more bugs and issued than with Fallout 76). I don’t recall Anthem or FO76 looking/running as bad as Cyberpunk but at least the former bricked consoles which as far as I know Cyberpunk hasn’t, so it is definitely true. Lichdom Battle Mage also jumps to mind as a disastrous port, I think that thing ran at sub 10fps. It’s locked 30 now fwiw.

Either way, I’m glad this is starting a discussion on refund policies. Both platform holders should take pages out of Valve’s playbook. Getting a refund from them for a game that didn’t work a year back was super painless.

2 Likes

I played Anthem a few months ago and from what I played it was pretty good but back at launch for PS4, it did brick PS4 consoles so as bad as that image is of Cyberpunk 2077, that’s still not worse than a game bricking your console. That image tells me that the mechanical 5400RPM hard drive simply isn’t capable of streaming in the game assets that it needs to quickly enough.

I had major issues with Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 but yet, it was still playable and I completed it. To me, it all depends on how serious the issues are. I truly believe that majority are NOT having the serious issues that others are having.

Anthem bricked PS4 consoles at launch. Fallout 76 still looks bad. Like come on. I really hope that Bethesda upgraded their game engine even though I would prefer them to build a next gen engine from the ground up instead but that’s a conversation for another time. Battle Mage was arguably worse than Cyberpunk. UGH.

If Sony/Microsoft doesn’t want to give a refund for a game, they should at least give it back to you as credit on your account because you’re going to buy another game down the line anyway.

But we’ll see how this all plays out. I can honestly see Hindle’s prediction of Microsoft purchasing CDPR happening after this.

2 Likes

I would be pissed if I was a Playstation player and didn’t buy this game yet. It still runs fine and is an incredible game.

Good on Sony for doing the right thing here.

But it doesnt. The game is terrible on base consoles which is the overwhelming majority of the console market.

So why not leave it on PS5 store?

My friend is playing the game on PS5. 35 hours in and he’s loving the game but is taking a two day break due to work. He didn’t give two shits about The Witcher 3 and has no attachment to CDPR but he’s wanted to play a Cyberpunk type game for a while. He currently has visuals, audio and story at a 10/10 with gameplay at an 8/10 and side content an 8/10 or less but he doesn’t care about side content. Point being is that not everyone has the same experience.

Because it’s not a PS5 version. The PS5 is playing the PS4 Pro version of the game.

Ms was already giving refunds from the start. (They have self service refunds but even past that through manual requests)

So they can remove it from the PS4 store and keep it on the PS5 store but they probably can’t do that because of how half assed their backend must be.

mmmh i think they crossed a line

Sony or CDPR?

Glad it looks and Runs well on the Series X, can’t wait for the next gen patch.

Xbox got an unexpected exclusive

This ordeal has nothing to do with MS and 3 out of 4 consoles MS puts out run the game fine. MS also has a real refund system in place.

I’ve seen some places try and attach this disaster to Xbox but it’s got nothing to do with them no matter how much some people are trying.

1 Like

Thats not how certification works. Certification isn’t a barometer of quality. It’s ensuring the game doesn’t crash the os. That it works with the required systems in the os layer, etc. Its not to fix gamebugs. That’s qa at the studios. Even if they come across a bug as long as a game can specifically meet the requirements it will pass cert regardless of quality

1 Like

This can’t be true because Anthem on PS4 bricked many people’s consoles at launch and that passed certification. My main issue is that there’s been equal or worse games released on PS4 that weren’t delisted. CDPR fucked up but anyone thinking that Sony is an angel is delusional.