Sony PlayStation State of Play [2021-10-27]

WoW Death’s Door, so soon. Good for the devs, more people should experience 2021 GOTY

Really think it should be on Switch tho, where’s that

Maybe now that the exclusivity is over, they might announce that as well

2 Likes

I think it was always announced as like a 3-6 month timed exclusive. Also I think Ascent is timed exclusive too, but could be wrong

1 Like

Yeah like Kena. Do we even know for how long that one is?

Switch too

3 Likes

Outside of Deaths Door this looks like a steam Jankware showcase so far.

2 Likes

1 year at minimum for ANYTHING marketed by PS unfortunately. Maybe 2, maybe forever, who knows, nobody dares to ask for Xbox ports, not even Xbox focused journos.

It’s the market share because it cost much more for Microsoft to cover the potential loss of playstation sales. Meanwhile, for Sony they can leverage their market share and cover the costs

1 Like

I dont buy this. If it was like that no games would come to xbox.

1 Like

This is not true for indies expecially, there are several examples of indies underperforming on PS. Sony simply has stricter policies and who goes with them complies respectfully. This market share thing is a urban legend, Sony is simply the usual old thug company concerning business deals.

2 Likes

Is this Star Ocean?!?

I think the realistic take is that MS is realistic about the minimal impact of long term indie exclusives and doesn’t find value in walling them off forever, particularly since most will be in game pass for an extended period.

3 Likes

Kena too? Jezus f Christ…shit is tiresome.

yeah, that’s true and yeah it does seem odd for microsoft to go shorter term with their exclusivity duration

good point

Yeah, it is Star Ocean. Looks really rough tbh. I’m assuming it’s going to skip Xbox, as usual.

I think it has more to do with Microsoft/Spencer not wanting games to be timed exclusive for long. When you only have Stalker 2 for 3 months which if anything should have been a year minimum, this would be my guess. Microsoft/spencer is playing nice while Sony/Ryan simply aren’t.

This showcase sucks. Surprised that they even announced it a week out. This is more like, “we’ll see you in two days” type event. lmao.

2 Likes

calm down, the point he was making is that we don’t know; i’m not sure if its a contractual obligation but usually time exclusivity windows aren’t given for most games, the devs may not be able to talk about it till the time is up.

2 Likes

I’m expecting this SE game skipping Xbox, no? Anyway is true this Little Devil Inside ignored its kickstarter promises for Sony money?

The last one we had was on 360, The last Hope with the horrible Lyml. Well in English it was total ear assault, lol.

Well this has been a complete bust. A bunch of games nobody has heard of or asked for. I don’t get the point of it feels like Sony had deals in place to advertise this bunch of weeds and are just doing it for the sake of it.

2 Likes

1 year is a safe bet, anyway we’ll never know for the longest time possible, because as I said Sony is very strict with its deals and nobody say a word before their contract is done.