Sony buying Bungie for $3.6 billion, Destiny 2 and future projects will remain multiplatform

it’s the “self-published” that sounds a little weird

Too expensive?

1 Like

3.6 for multiplat and a single studio seems insane for me.

I remember some months ago when there were rumors of Bungie wanting something like 1.8 or 2B (I don’t remember well) and everyone was like “it’s way overpriced”.

3 Likes

Who knows, it seems like a terrible purchase

But Bungie themselves have said the games will be multiplat

You know what this tells me? They are just trying to ensure Bungie doesnt get bought by xbox and they can keep the games in the PS.

8 Likes

That’s hilarious. 3,7 billion dollar for freaking Bungie. Hahahahahahahahahaha

5 Likes

3.6B for one IP? I’m not sad they lost, maybe they didn’t want to get ripped off.

8 Likes

Wait, this is more expensive than Zenimax was??

MS aren’t going to buy everything just because they have more money

Some things simply aren’t worth the money and they just bought Activision lol they really dont need Bungie, certainly not for that price

9 Likes

Basically. It’s playing keep away, i know MS had interest but didn’t think they were worth the asking price. Sony massively overpaid for Bungie. This doesn’t scream confidence.

8 Likes

GAAS money. They don’t have that type of game

1 Like

Me neither . I dont like bungie games . Now hopefully MS uses that money for better studios.

4 Likes

No about half

Which is insane

4 Likes

Lmao, once again called this. Yall can call me Nostradamous when they buy WB.

Because Sony is coming round to the realisation, like Microsoft, that restricting yourself to one console is detrimental to making money.

This purchase is first and foremost about getting a foothold into a recurring revenue stream and that means having as many players as possible playing your game.

1 Like

Dude where is Hindle ? Check on that poor guy. :phil_lmao:

True. It’s just weird.

they= Sony or MS?

Hope if there’s a bidding war that MS wins this one, for real.