Sony Acquisitions | OT | Organic Sellers Market

I definitely want to see Sony acquire Ember Lab. Kena is such a great game and their first one too!!

Yeah, definitely want to see Sony acquire Ember Lab. Sloclap has a good game with Sifu even though it’s not for me due to it being a rogue like but I can see that happening and neither of these two studios would be expensive.

I’m not into fighting games but I can see Sony making a move here and there but at the same time, those companies always release their games on PlayStation anyway so would Sony really have to buy them?

If anyone acquires From Software, I think that it would be Bandai Namco. Wouldn’t mind seeing Sony acquire Square Enix (even though I do prefer to see Microsoft acquire Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal from them beforehand) as they work closely all the time and would fill in their Japanese games quite easily while giving them the #1 JRPG in FF as a full exclusive which I guess it could end up being anyway but better to ensure it than risk it.

As for Platinum Games, I think that Nintendo should buy them. Nintendo has Bayonetta exclusively to their platform via Sega and Platinum is the developer plus Astral Chain was a great game in general. If im Nintendo, I try to snatch them up because I think that they fit in far better with Nintendo than they would Sony or Microsoft. As for Babylon’s Fall, like The Avengers from Crystal Dynamics and them being a live service game, that’s all Square Enix. You can see that from a mile away. lol

I mean the same argument could be made for most of sony’s purchases. The point could be more linking them to their brand more or trying to expand further into a genre of games they have little to no ground in with their 1st party output

disagree, fromsoft is owned by KADOKAWA and I don’t picture them selling fromsoft hence why I said if sony buys KADOKAWA

Nintendo doesn’t trend to buy studios, it took them 40 years to buy a support studio they literally shared a building with so doubt that will happen

Doesnt mean things wont change and they buy um… though you are probably right

True.

Thing is that Bandai Namco are the ones that own all the IP’s. So unless I have misunderstood what has been said in the past, without those IP’s, they’re not worth much. Kadokawa owns them but doesn’t really put any money into them. That’s why their games are always published from an outside publisher. I don’t think Sony buys them either way but we’ll see.

True but they should in this case, go after Platinum Games and if I was Platinum, I would be inquiring with Nintendo if they’re interested.

no, I think they just have a publishing agreement granted I might be mistaken but I am pretty sure fromsoft actually owns those franchises

I mean, sure they can. With acquisitions becoming more agressive I think they will buy their 2nd party studios, but even then is platinum high on that list? They don’t even own the studio who makes the biggest mario sports games (Camelot), the studio who makes fire emblem, wario ware and paper mario (Intelligent Systems), the studio who has been making nintendo remakes like links awakening (Grezzo), the pokemon guys (Game Freak/creatures), the kirby guys (HAL), The studio which has made mordern 2D metriod (Mercury Steam) and so on even if Nintendo did look at platinum I would imagine they would be low on the priority list

I think aside Tencent, I think Nintendo should not be afraid that any of their core teams will. be purchased.

Well the difference for some of these is if those second parties want to sell. Gamefreak is living off of pokemon money while expanding into 3rd party games. So they are probably not interested. Out of all the onea you listed I think intelligent systems is the most likely. However, platinum does seem to be on the table while the others do not.

disagree, I think a lot of companies would be licking their lips over 2 of those studio’s/companies in particular. Game Freak and Creatures since Nintendo’s owns 1/3 of pokemon and those 2 each own 1/3 themselves. Even owning 1/3 of pokemon would be a pretty smash long term move in my opinion

Nah, I don’t think so. Tencent / NetEase at best as other companies have no use of those Nintendo. aligned studios.

discounting creatures and game freak I agree but still, I doubt Nintendo wants to lose those 2nd party developers. Even if those are the only threats it doesn’t change the fact they exist and could buy those developers so I can see Nintendo buying some of those that work closely with Nintendo at least and at least one of the partical pokemon owners because even if we say its unlikely to happen (something I don’t agree with) I doubt nintendo would even want to run the chance of losing such massive control on the largest/high grossing media franchise in the world

Nice, pal

I mean, if they make games primarily or exclusively for nintendo why would they be against selling. I personally believe most companies have their price, sure their are some which just won’t sell but I do believe they are the vast minority. Just for example, I don’t think Sakurai would sell Sora Limited as I believe he values his indepence

GAMING

Nintendo’s “psuedo” first parties aren’t being bought and EVEN if they were Nintendo would just immediately poach all the talent as they have done before.

Sony will continue to buy startup “AAA” studios that focus on GaaS multiplayer games imo

1 Like

par a few exceptions like ember labs and sloclap, I agree that will be their main focus for the forseeable future

so…KADOKAWA

Knock on wood

1 Like

Something happen other than fanboy posts?

Never does

5 Likes

Souls GAAS game. No thanks.