Sony Acquisitions | OT | Organic Sellers Market

Try what? They can annoynce intension to acquire but any company can gate crash it. Not to mention as we know from ABK - in case of offer CEO will just call another company to see if there is a bigger offer there.

I’m not sure Sony was interested. I think if they were going to pull the trigger it would have been after until dawn. They don’t seem interested in making those kind of games after walking away from supermassive and quantic dreams.

Still hoping that Sony acquires Ember Lab and Deviation Games at some point.

4 Likes

Should be a good sign, market leader was approved for an almost 4 billion dollar acquisition quick. Xbox should close on Activision this year and this paved the way for more acquisitions after.

3 Likes

So does this mean Sony is back on the table for further acquisition announcements ?

Not to say they can’t announce things while working on closing the Bungie deal. Just makes sense to not rock the boat with the FTC or any other parties with a purchase of significance.

If so who are we thinking? Ubi, Capcom, CDPR, me etc?

I wonder who Sonys next buy is. Jim has made it very clear they’re not done

I say none of these, It’s clear they want to be in the live service recurring revenue and heavy micro-transaction business. I think they will set their sights on Take Two

Square Enix

They are already developing 12 games with such concepts. Even the most greedy company will not increase this figure even more, because it is idiotic. And 90% of their live services will fail anyway, because that’s how the market works.

If they buy someone, then to close their other problems.

Where’s my video package?

I presume only US needed to provide the approval?\

None of those. Not a single publisher.

And this was done without drama about each regulator opening the investigation :joy:

1 Like

Lol Sonys not getting Take Two. They’ll be outbid. Sony cant even pay cash for that. Take Two would be upwards of 35 billion.

Tencent or NetEase would probably start a bidding war.

Yeah. Sony buying T2 is akin Microsoft acquiring Tencent :joy:

Though now with the deal closed people will again start throwing around japanese publishers. I do wonder why Sony folks always want Sony to acquire Capcom, Square Enix or From Software. In case of Xbox, it is understandable because Xbox does not legitimacy in Japan, but in case of Sony?

If Bungie is done, when will they reveal Square-Enix acquisition?

Square enix is most likely the next. I was surprised that FF7Remake still didn’t come to xbox and that they sold their western studios. So being more cheaper to acquire by Sony… Now SE must cost between 4-5 billion dollars,cheaper than bethesda but still with so many strong IPs

1 Like

By selling Square Enix West they did not become cheaper but actually more expensive. Also their market cap is still 5.3b so with premium they are gonna cost around 8b. And that’s without bidding war if it were to happen.

1 Like

I don’t really think Sony would have held off from Bungie. There wasn’t anything even resembling regulatory concern for that acquisition

Well they acquired Haven while in the process of acquiring Bungie no? Also, one of the things that consumes the resources during the acquisition is people involved in the documentation and other stuff. All those lawyers etc.

The next acquisition target for Sony if a publisher would be more likely to be someone to grow in the western market. Problem is Xbox struck first.

If they could get the WB studios thatd probably be their best play in the west.

1 Like