Sonic Frontiers releases on November 8, 2022

The sliders? Here:

https://twitter.com/sonicstadium/status/1536392962686468096

Or if you’re referring to the embargo of the cyberspace levels:

https://twitter.com/Tracker_TD/status/1536381765996118022/photo/1

1 Like

Thanks!

This game just keeps sounding worse and worse. I don’t understand why they didn’t take inspiration from classic sonic art style, enemies, and objectives in an open world.

1 Like

The game looks amazing to me. I don;t get the hate, other than its a Sonic game and made by Sonic Team so its stands to reason it must get hate

Do you really think most people are that petty and narrow minded? You do realize that different people can have different opinions and they can be valid, right? It’s not always due to some agenda or motive.

Glad the game looks amazing to you but the drab colors, forced combat mechanics, uninspiring enemy design, and lack of coherent world design (at least based on the videos so far) do absolutely nothing for me. I’ve been a huge Sega and Sonic fan for over 30 years. I’d love for the team to hit it out of the park and for this game to be good but that doesn’t look to be the case for many reasons.

1 Like

But we can’t have different opinions on DF right? :stuck_out_tongue: . You seem to look to use the views of one lady, while most of the other gaming press previews are fairly positive.

I get it it’s cool to hate on Sonic. I like the world of the game its like ICO/SOTC meets Halo Infinite and very happy to see full control of Sonic brought back, something that we really haven’t seen since Adv. I liked the Boost gameplay but many times you couldn’t even turn around and walk/run backwards and there were times you didn’t feel in control.

This game looks to fix all that and other than the bugs and frame drops, looks very promising

I’m criticizing a game. You go after people to cover up your lack of understanding and naivety over the subject matter. There’s a clear difference. Like we say, discuss the content and games, leave the people out of it.

I’m taking the views of multiple videos and previews. I don’t hate on anything because it’s cool. Again, not everyone is that petty and especially that juvenile.

Also again, I’m glad you are liking what you see. I clearly do not. Try to just take that as a difference of opinion and not an attack against yourself.

1 Like

Most of the game press is giving tentative positive feedback. I’ll rather not go on what Youtube says myself, because far too much on that channel is people saying what they think people want to hear, rather than genuine views, so they get their likes and subscribes.

Like with Halo Infinte I think when people get to play the finished game, it will be good, but we’ll see.

It’s kind of disturbing that you think Alanah isn’t being genuine and is only saying what she said for views and subs. I’d hate to live in a world where I thought people only had agendas if they didn’t agree with my POV.

1 Like

Less than 5 secs In, she’s finding fault straight away… To me she was looking to hate on the game from the get-go and not give it any change whatsoever. IGN, Europegamer were far more positive in their playtest

I think it’s also kind of ‘disturbing’ that has Sonic fan of more 30 years, you are more ready and looking to use YouTube videos that look to knock the new game, rather than one that give it a chance…

The big issue’s I have is how ugle those rails look just hanging in the sky and the high level of drawn-in

YouTube videos and previews are all we have to go on. Sites like venturebeats and games radar were more mixed on the game. I’m also not going to ignore what I can see with my own eyes. This demo and videos were all approved by Sega, who would want to be showing this game is the best way possible. If this is the best they can show, that is concerning for me, especially if they want to launch this year.

Just because I’ve been a Sega and Sonic fan for so long, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to be honest with my view of the game so far. I’ve long grown out of my fanboy phase with Sega, so I’m not going to blindly set aside the issues I have with the game.

1 Like

But you’ve looked to use the Youtube video that is knocking the game, rather than give it any sort of chance. Fans tend to look to the positives 1st, rather than focus on the negatives. It’s getting positive write-ups in some of the major gaming press . I just look at it like with Halo Infinite. I couldn’t care what the backlash or youtube said, even in the 8 min demo the gameplay looks fantastic and solid and I feel the same here for this game

But with anything Sonic its get hate, just look at the typical overreaction with Sonic Origins pricing. Loads of YouTube rants and on social media. Nintendo mind can charge full price for a basic remaster of Zelda Skyward Sword and look to hide it behind an Amiibo paywall for all the content, meaning to get all the stuff you need to pay £70 and hardly everything is said, lets bash Sonic instead.

Can we keep this tête-à-tête to DMs please?

Sega has had a demo of this game at every major Gaming Event. SGF, Gamescom, TGS, EGX. Hands on Impressions have been overwhelmingly positive for months. I can’t help but smile.

The reception of this game is like an exact repeat of the Sonic movie release. Everybody hated it at first but now people are genuinely excited. Please stick the landing Sega/Sonic Team. Everyone is rooting for you and wants this game to be great, we want Sonic to be a great franchise again

https://mobile.twitter.com/DreamcastCharl/status/1572894165150859265

4 Likes

Also the Sonic Frontiers demo will be playable at PAX Australia next week.

I guess that Takashi Iizuku was right and we “don’t understand” it until we play it.

1 Like

Yeah. also that guy that was playing in the first reveal was making Sonic move so slow. its like he never played a Sonic game before. Sega fixed some animations and it looks like they may have added momentum after people criticized the first reveal. the first reveal had no momentum on the rails and now it does as well as momentum physics in other parts of the game.

I pre-ordered this for Day One on my Series X, honestly love what I have seen of the open zone gameplay in this one.

1 Like

Ill let other people beta test it so when i play it next year when its on gamepass i can get optimal experience for a game i have 0 interest spending money on

Monster Hunter x Sonic Collab. Free DLC on November 14

3 Likes