So that God of War reveal

Yes that’s true it has lot of burden already.

1 Like

So I watched the trailer and I can understand why this game was initially planned for 2021, because it really does look like a direct continuation of the first game from a technical point of view.

Also, is Kratos going to interact with Egyptian mythology in this game?

Wouldn’t be surprised if they set up another mythos and region in this game. They did confirm this is the last game in the norse region.

1 Like

I honestly thought it looked fantastic. I enjoyed the first one and while it does look like it could be a continuation of the first game the first game is still an amazing looking game. If they bump it up to 60 FPS it would be fine. It grueling was remarkable what they accomplished with the first game on last gen consoles so I don’t think it looking like a continuation is a bad thing. Probably won’t get a PS5 this time around but if I do this will most likely be in my list of games to pick up.

2 Likes

I would imagine Egyptian Mythology is high on the list due to the fact it is on similarish levels of Greco/Roman and Norse Mythology in terms of how familiar people are with it.

1 Like

Along with my 7 studio acquisitions, yeah.

Freaks And Geeks Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Yeah wasn’t quite the ‘wow moment’ I was expecting. I mean the game still looks great, but the previous game did on PS4 Pro too, and I am not seeing a massive visual leap between the two.

Should be pointed out we are still a way off launch so it could end up looking better, but it certainly wasn’t the ‘this is next gen’ moment I think many were hoping for.

3 Likes

I don’t really have a horse in this race, but “everyone knew it was a lie” doesn’t excuse or justify a lie.

There’s nothing wrong with delaying a game. Shit happens, targets get missed, pandemics happen. I’d rather wait for a complete functional game than have a slapdash buggy experience 100% of the time.

Declaring a launch window so transparently impossible that “everyone knows it’s a lie” is just scummy because the lie is being told for a reason, even if it isn’t apparent. It’s the same thing as the Horizon price adjustment: they waive the upgrade fee, but plenty of people will buy the PS5 version because they aren’t aware of the situation like we enthusiasts are. It’s prevarication, plain and simple.

I’m sure this game will look and play great, that tons of people will love it and that it’ll be critically praised. It just sucks that they had to mar it like that. That’s what’s disrespectful to the developers, in my mind.

3 Likes

Let me start by saying God of War 2018 is on my list for one of the best games of that generation, actually one of the best games I’ve ever played.

With that said, visually this didn’t wow me. But again, it’s only a snippet of a trailer. It’s also because the 2018 game looks amazing, especially playing it on the PS5 at 60fps it looks and plays amazing.

I’ll say, the spots where they showed him in broad day light and in that city with the river looked good visually.

Gameplay wise, it looks like a continuation of the last game which is fine cause it was a really good game. I’m not sure what I was expecting from this but it looks like a good sequel, nothing mind blowing though.

2 Likes

Some reused animations

3 Likes

If you told me it was an expansion, I wouldn’t have doubted you.

It looks good, though so did the first one. Either way I’m likely in day one, assuming I have a ps5 by then.

2 Likes

Hard to disagree with you. I’m sure the game will be great, but a lot of it looks very same-y. And frankly the writing and voice acting from the trailer is cause for concern.

I haven’t played the game yet, still in the backlog. Which one is the new one?

Lol the one on the left.

2 Likes

Looks almost the same

1 Like

Maybe. I’m happy it didn’t come out In 2021. Still can’t get a ps5.

I mean its a sequel. Did you play thr first game? There several worlds and portals you couldn’t get to. My guess if you go to those realms In this game

Out of all the things to critics Sony for didn’t think people would be having a go at the one game that is a genuine 90 plus goty contender.

God of War 2 on ps2 was pretty much the same as the first 1 but better. We’re talking about a game that won more awards than red dead 2.

I get people are disappointed it doesn’t look better. But I don’t know what people expect.

2 Likes

Personally, I am fine with how it looks. 4 is still one of the best looking games. This looking even marginally better means it is still going to be one of the best looking games around. As for the game design - It’s a direct sequel. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

3 Likes

I thought it looked great but somehow still not as good as I expected? It looks like a cross gen game and that’s fine but for some reason I expected more. This is likely their fall title, so there is plenty of time for things to improve. I’m more interested in what Corey’s working on.

2 Likes

I think its just that the first game looked so good that there isnt much to add on that front aside from density and detail?