Skyrim Anniversary Edition

It’s dynamic cameras doing a lot of the heavy lifting. It’s a bit like a console version of an ENB, just not nearly as expansive obviously. Changing the light filter with that mod to something to suit the mood you want makes a huge difference. I love a brighter more vibrant Skyrim. ELFX helps a lot as well since it turns things like windows, candles etc into actual light sources, which they aren’t in the base game.

I think the lighting mod scene on console has improved a lot since I last looked at it, and it makes a huge difference.

Yeah exactly that, a more vibrant looking world, I love it. I also like the darker shadows in that town, nice and moody, makes a big difference.

You sure do love your vibrant colours don’t you lol.

Ah, a reference to FH5! :wink:

Actually I went back on that, I had saturation at max and that was just too much after all.

Yes it was and I thought it might have been :joy:.

I have it at like 109 now, just a little more than default.

But in some games it can really help it, I mean I love Skyrim but I won’t deny that some of these mods bring out some lovely colours.

1 Like

Has anyone played with the extra Creation Club stuff in the Anniversary Edition? I don’t know if I wanna buy it yet with Halo and Chorus around the corner. Might wait for a sale.

Currently playing with them and they fixed the issue of all the new quest activating as soon as you leave Helgen. That also means you don’t get to try out the new freebies from before(elemental bone/arrows and 2 new robes). So far I haven’t deviated from my usual build my character before truly adventuring mind set(mostly because I just play on legendary, and even the lost of the bandits can really hurt you).

That said I have seen two of the changes already on the way to Riverwood, in Embershard mine while leveling my sneak a bandit got spooked ran into the treasure room and grabbed a new items from CC, a new staff that does tri elemental damage. New fish in the river, as well as one fishing area in side the mine. Others that I have used in the past is the Wild Horse CC mod, where instead of paying 1000 septims for a horse you can buy a map that spawns horses to train in the wild. It’s sort of like minecraft/rdr where you have ride the horse until it calms down, but you have to be careful as you can die from getting knock off.

2 Likes

Ussep updated today on xbox…i have a 1x but on 1080 tv which is still nice. My issue before update even checked it on a vanilla game,i would have periods where game freezes while loading in something like characters on road, largecwait for grassxand vegetation to load, popins, another was loose audio in places a edlay on the sound effect. Now i have sae vanilla and with mods not seeing that. I highly reccommend kato’s farm wood texture.i took out appaichi hhairs game doesn’t like after update,needs updated, kshairs lite work great. A lot of mods are working as bfore. I thinnk mods where are old not updated regularly better say goodbye. I hoticed when i loaded up vanilla lol you can see a more detailed skin despite the ugly presets i was so glad mods are working. Andcis it basspainter and tela and sky something got a massive ongoing port operation. Those peoople amazing, they must live sleep and port mods 24 7. If i spend time i will write down mods from load order that are working for me.

2 Likes

Im on the fence on buying the full version of the anniversary edituon. Does the built-in mods improve the game graphically in a meaningful way from the special edition? I suppose achievements works normally, right? I’m mostly thinking on buying to chill exploring the map, so enhancements on the environment (vegetation density, better skies, etc) should be mostly what im looking for in this versions, and achievements too. Does anybody has an input on that?

I would say zero. I didn’t notice any and I also watched a video by Resero where they compare the two and it’s pretty much identical.

Well, that is unfortunate. I’m probably sticking with the special edition or the gamepass version then. Thanks man!

IS there a physical disk for this?

Does it use the new Xbox case format?

Yes and No

No problem:)

But you do get the quest Saints and Seducers for free, so that’s nice. Also survival mode and fishing.

But someone up here showed some screenshots of how it can look with mods, check that out. You can have the game looking a lot better with some of those mods.

If someone has questions about mods, I would check out the Skyrim Xbox mod subreddit.

Another interesting thing about the Anniversary Edition is that the content is probably canon for the lore.

1 Like

You mean the creation club content?

Correct. The AE is called the most definitive Edition and all the content were created for Bethesda. It also don’t violate anything lore wise. The community is still discussing it but I believe they will accept it as canon.

3 Likes

So been playing with the new brawler gauntlets and they don’t really work on legendary, as they just don’t do enough damage to make a difference. They definitely do more than being unarmed or just having fist of steel, but unarmed is still not good without a mod that either adds unarmed weapons that benefit from one handed or two handed combat, a brand new branch is added to one of the skill trees that makes an unarmed combat tree, or add unarmed combat spells like mage fist.

So in order to do and unarmed build, I added a mod for all three categories and I’m going to see how well they synergize with each other. Along with an interesting combat animation mod, that allows for some extra attacks like a triple sword strike heavy attack.

2 Likes