Skyrim Anniversary Edition

I see. But you can disable FPS boost fine now, should be smooth as butter too. But I guess there’s no downside to using FPS boost, it doesn’t decrease resolution?

The first few times I booted the game (to see if I could get rid of the laggy main menu) took a while but it’s almost instantly now, it’s still a second or so longer than it should be but this is ok.

I wasn’t planning on upgrading to AE anytime soon, but I hope it get fixed for those with issues. I think visually nothing has changed, so I’m not sure what Bethesda meant with enhancements for XSX when the loading times are the same and visuals too.

Only Fallout 4 suffered the drop in resolution from what I remember, I also found that I did put it in the internal, I’m currently transferring to see if it will let me run it from external(Yes it can be run from external, Load times I would have to check to see how they compare). As for problems, yeah I hope everyone can get a fix soon, so far I haven’t even had a crash in the short time the new playthrough I’ve started and I was able to access the mod menu(which I was having some issues logging in a bit ago with).

1 Like

I know Witcher 3 gets all the attraction these days but Skyrim is quite possibly the most insane rpg ever made.

5 Likes

Already the best update

Wait, that’s new, right? Lol. So they DID add new stuff. Or is this CC content?

I think it maybe part of the free fishing update, as we can catch new fish and make an aquarium.

2 Likes

I honestly prefer TW3, but Skyrim is unquestionably king among them all (western rpgs), it’s as enduring as GTAV and Minecraft.

I found you can click gather the new fish,the new alternative armours are fun mix and match with the brwling gaunlets. That was vanilla, starting new with mods. This game gest fun ever😍

1 Like

is this available on gamepass now?

If I got it right Skyrim Special Edition gets a free upgrade, that adds fishing and 4 other CC mods for free, paying for the Anniversary edition Upgrade will give you about $160 USD worth of items from the CC.

1 Like

Make sure you turn off FPS boost if you had it on for the game, I noticed stuttering with the camera movement while it was on. Felt/looked far better when I restarted with it off. Weird that it’s still available now that the game has been patched.

3 Likes

Just started a new character with AE and so far it seems to “pop” more than before. Just looks extra clean and crisp. Do I need to do anything to enable the new content? Like is fishing just automatically there or do you gotta turn it on somewhere?

I wondered about this too. I went to a riverbed and thought I would get the option to fish but nope.

As for the more pop, it’s possible that Dolby Vision is doing that. It had auto HDR already which was using HDR19 but we now have DV.

I’m still using it and I haven’t noticed anything yet, is it very subtle? So you have to be looking for it or can it be picked up by anyone just playing?

From what I understand you need to get a fishing rod for fishing and it maybe at certain spots. So far the only spot I found/payed enough attention to is inside the Embershard mine, where the bandits had a fishing rod and a bucket full of fish with the words activate fishing supplies on it.

If you’re having issues with crashes and stuff delete the game and reinstall it without mods. The SKSE issue isn’t a factor for Xbox but a lot of people are still running mod lists they may not have touched for months or years on a game that just got a ~20gb upgrade.

I see a fair few mods as well that are on the mod section but are empty pending updates from creators.

I’m running a 60+ mod load order with all CC content and haven’t had any crashes after 5-6 hours. My wife is running a different mod list and has had one after a similar amount of time. All modding done from a clean install.

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing your modlist/load order?

I have no idea what mods will work with the Anniversary edition and don’t have the time for lots of trial and error.

Sure, I’m using this guys load order for now. I like his landscapes but I’ll add my own gameplay mods like ordinanator on top of it. His landscapes look great to me, but I’m not crazy about his people/npcs so I’m going to work on that.

Recommend you use the Bethesda website to favourite mods first and then add them on Xbox. The search tool on console is horrific.

Here’s some screenshots to see if you like the general idea.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Holy shit this looks awesome, tbis makes me want to jump back straight into the game again.