Skyrim Anniversary Edition

Installed a bunch of graphics mods, going to play more tomorrow before the big show.

1 Like

There are some people who disparage Starfield - despite not knowing much about the game - that it will be ‘just’ Skyrim in space but fuck it, that would be awesome.

I am currently playing through the game again and constantly reminded how good this game is.

5 Likes

The animations that these mod brought in really make a big difference

2 Likes

In todd howard’s interview lastbweek he said starfield will be elder scrolls in space in all the good ways. Fyi

2 Likes

I’m finally playing Skyrim for the first time in 2021 (even bought the Anniversary Edition upgrade on Game Pass) and the atmosphere is great.

But I must say that Fallout’s UI is better lol.

Oh and I wasn’t expecting the lore books to be so long to read (even if I love it). Was used to Fallout’s terminals and holotapes.

4 Likes

This sounds absolutely fantastic to me, but I do still hope their RPG systems will be deeper what Skyrim. Morrowind but also Oblivion did this well.

1 Like

Just remember if a book you find is worth 50 septims or higher those are skillbooks.

5 Likes

You should definitely read “The Lusty Argonian Maid”. It’s legendary.

Edit: A shame that the “36 Lessons of Vivec” are only in Morrowind. It’s even crazier.

4 Likes

Well from ulag you can buy all sorts of rare books and do his radiant quests in the Arcaneum in the college of winterhokd. The book quests gave me those new robes.

For anyone interested here’s a link to r/SkyrimModsXbox that features Skyland AIO, Cathedral terrain LOD, happy little tress, Voluptuous grass(medium) and Mythical Ages to give Skyrim a more updated look.

Edit: just wanted to add that while Skyland AIO does a lot of great work, it’s apparently missing Windhelm and the DLC areas.

2 Likes

Its crazy how well this game had aged

1 Like

Bethesda releases the Anniversary concert on Spotify. That’s dope !

I started playing this game (special edition) because of the series s update and it feels like a new game compared to the 360 version. World looks even more beautiful than i remember.

Compared to Oblivion and Morrowind definitely!

I know it got a touch up with the special edition but the near field detail is quite impressive still considering the age of the game.

I played Morrowind recently and I used a guide, the game isn’t too pretty but it’s still pretty good mechanically once you understand how to get over the dice roll chance for hitting something. Also for some reason there is this weird thing where apparently everyone thinks you slow down when you use up your stamina, but my experience on Xbox showed me that wasn’t even a thing. Unless it’s different on PC.

i wonder with all the new cc if i will make it through play its as big as acragnarok lol

Best part about playing this game 10 years later is not remembering anything that happened in the quests. It’s almost like playing it for the first time.

3 Likes

Or the game is so big that there are parts I never touched so it is new to me lol.

3 Likes