Should I get an Elite Series 2 Controller?

It really is a great controller otherwise, yeah. I treat my devices very delicately and hoped I’d have better luck with the Elite build quality than some, but evidently not haha. At least they extended the warranty to a year - I would have been screwed otherwise.

1 Like

I just got off the phone with them, my warranty is expired so my only option is to send them $80 and they’ll send me a refurbished controller with a 3-month warranty (new ones were on sale for $100 just a few days ago) The only upside to this would be I don’t have to send in my busted controller. At this point I might just throw up my hands and write it off as a loss if Costco can’t help me.

It’s really a shame that this build quality issue puts such a damper on things. I continue to hope that the Series 3 has good build quality because I refuse to buy into this any more unless it’s solid.

Honestly, what you might want to do is keep an eye on your warranty and keep exchanging it for a fresh one every time it’s about to run out.

Edit: LOL

2 Likes

My wife got me one for our anniversary and I REALLY like it. I like it much more than I thought I would. The analog stick movement and lag reduction is pretty substantial and I pretty much instantly played games better and enjoyed the quality of the controller.

Had I not got it as a gift I may never have got one cause I did not think it would make much of a difference but I was wrong.

I do not have any stick drift or A button sticking that I noticed, I tested and all appeared fine and I’ve been using it a month now and really like it.

1 Like

If you purchased through Costco, you should have no issues at all for it. You probably should have gone to them in the first place. Going from all the experiences there, you’ll get your money back and then can purchase a brand new one if they have it in stock.

1 Like

Yeah, I was fine with going through MS all this time since it didn’t cost me anything, but Costco should have been my first stop. Annoyingly, I don’t think that they have any in stock right now so at worst I’d break even. Maybe they’ll have stock for Black Friday!

1 Like

Our country is run to benefit corporations and billionaires and not normal people, that trend will probably continue here until we have nothing left as consumers.

1 Like

Got a pad sent back to me today which is a surprisingly fast turnaround. It’s a refurb with a different serial number, as expected, so we’ll see how long this one lasts. Curiously, when I registered the refurb to my Microsoft account with its serial number, the warranty expiry date showed as the exact same date as my original pad. If it goes on the blink, I guess I’ll try to get Amazon to replace it instead.

Hope you manage to get somewhere with Costco, @SpiderLink.

2 Likes

My 1 year warranty ran out in December. My final replacement (10th replacement, 11th controller) is out for delivery. Unless something drastic has changed I don’t expect any difference, so here’s hoping my extended warranty with my credit card will get me my money back :crossed_fingers: .

1 Like

Jfc. Once or twice maybe, but ten? You have a replacement fetish or something?

I guess I one of the lucky 10% that had no issues with an elite controller :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It was more just trying to get proof that I tried to get it fixed throughout the year when time came to try and get extended warranty on my CC. Honestly I feel like the issue with the face buttons not registering is just a flaw with the controller that most people live with or don’t notice. I play a lot of Rocket League and NHL and the missed jumps and passes were just too annoying for me. The odd thing is that according to people’s findings online, every Xbox controller released since the One S should have the same issue with the PCB, but both my One S and Series X controllers are fine.

1 Like

Yeah that makes a little more sense :wink: Mine has had no issues thankfully, but I would never recommend it to anyone since I know most are broken af.

Most issues I’ve seen/had with buttons was fixed by popping the front faceplate off and hitting it with electronic component cleaner, then pressing every button a ton while the controller was off to work it all through. It’s working perfectly after I had been having right bumper and b button issues

1 Like

Does anybody think series 3 is this year? I feel tempted to get series 2, but might think its wiser to wait

Wait, unless you find one for a insanely cheap deal, it’s best to wait.

I think Elite 3? is at the earliest 2024.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am in no rush, but if I see a good deal on the microsoft store I would probably use my reward points for it

1 Like

Yeah me 2, have a ton of Rewards points save up. Lowkey MS Rewards is the best rewards system on anything. I see so many people getting Series X/S with their saved points. Thre is no other Rewards system that even come close to MS Rewards.

1 Like

I researched controllers for days before I got the elite, the conclusion I came to was that there is no controller without issues, on any platform.

Also, more features equals more problems, so if you don’t like that idea stick with a simpler controller.

I have maybe 500 hours played on mine, the little switch for the right trigger stop straight up broke on me like 2 weeks in, and one paddle won’t work, like out the box I think because I never tried to use it since I got it, first time I put it in it just didn’t work.

I don’t regret my decision, I knew the risks, there is practically nobody with a flawless elite, and if there is, he just hasn’t realized his controller has an issue probably.

If I buy another “pro controller” I’ll most likely go with a razer one, from what I read they are much more reliable, cheaper too.

None of the controllers with the same features are cheaper than the Elite, they are all more expensive.

I don’t know what same means but what I care about is trigger stops and interchangeable sticks, don’t use paddles much but they got paddles too. And for 30% less plus from what I read a bit more reliable.