Share your gaming setup!

ha I know that feeling! Beautiful setup and home!

I think I have that exact same piece of furniture for my setup in my apartment. Only mine is dustier.

Lol, I like the way it looks. The dust is certainly a problem though on that shiny black glass. I end up cleaning mine every couple weeks.

This is my set up in our family room. I also have a TV to the right, but the desk is my main spot where I play

And just added a shelf and some underlighting to the wall rack for the eventual XSX that will be calling that spot home.

1 Like

Nice set ups everyone!

Please ignore the dust :slight_smile:

Nothing too special with mine, but my girlfriend and I each have our own TV which is amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone that has the space.

Lots of old systems on the shelf but not hooked up yet since the TVs don’t have the right inputs and we haven’t bothered to get converters yet. The green drawers on each side of the TVs are filled with old cartridge games and we’ve got all of the disc-based ones on a shelf nearby.

3 Likes

I used to be really into having the best setup but now I just like a decent one, I think fussing and spending the money on better and better setups can cause more stress then its worth.

I do appreciate minimalist, and clean setups, but I think a 40inch tv and a good pair of headphones can be just as good as a full 7.1 surround sound and 77inch OLED.

1 Like

This is my setup. I have a Denon avr-x3600h 9.2 receiver, sony ubp-x700 4k blu ray player, 7.2 boston acoustic speakers/subs, (getting atmos speaker hopefully soon), viewsonic pro8200 projector, 120" elune vision projection screen when I’m in the mood for a theater experience, and a 65" sony x930e 4k tv for everything else. I have the og xbox, xbox 360, xbox one x scorpio edition, ps3, ps4 and the wii-u. With 3 small kids, it’s hard finding time to come down here and enjoy, but every so often I get the chance to crank it up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I recently did a little work on my basement game room/man cave and thought it would be fun to show off!

Here’s some shelving with my Xbox 360 and Xbox One physical game collections, Lego Dimensions sets, and artbooks and guides on the bottom. The Xbox collection used to take up quite a bit more room, but I’ve been converting a lot of my physical games to digital lately.

Next shelf in the corner is PS2 games, PSP games, Vita game (yes, only one-- Persona 4 Golden), my remaining PS4 physical games, and handful of PC, Dreamcast, and PS1 discs. As you can see, my PlayStation physical collection has been slimmed down to almost nothing in the past couple of years. I used to have shelves and shelves of PS2, PS3, PSP, and Vita games, many of which were rare/valuable RPGs or Japanese imports, but there just weren’t enough hours in the day to actually play them and I finally came to the realization that I would rather have the money than stuff I’ll never play sitting up on a shelf. The stuff I have left is games that are really unique or special to me for some reason.

Below the PlayStation games are some game-related novels. I’ve got basically all of the Dragon Age and Mass Effect books, plus some other odds and ends.

To the left are a couple of Final Fantasy Ultimanias, a sealed BioShock 2 CE (I absolutely love the way this CE looks, huge fan of the game itself too), and below that my extremely anemic Nintendo game collection (GameCube, Wii, and DS) which like the PS collection has shrunken to almost nothing at this point.

The gaming setup itself. Hooked up right now, on some custom-made moveable shelving, I’ve got the Xbox One X, Xbox 360, PS4, and PS3, along with a selection of controllers and the PS Vita up on top there. PS2 and Wii are there too but they’re not actually hooked up at the moment. My Xbox Series X, another Xbox 360, and SNES Classic are hooked up to a different TV in a family area of the house. Not the biggest or most impressive television, I know, but I left myself room to grow in the future. Forgive the random ethernet cord on the floor, but I’m working from home a lot these days and needed to hook up my work computer and some extra monitors on my desk.

On the shelves to the left I’ve got the Yoshitaka Amano Final Fantasy artbook box set, and below it my Blu-Ray movie collection.

To the left this is some of my music CD collection along with a handful of Disney Infinity figures.

On some shelves above my work desk I’ve got a Zelda cross stitch my wife made for me along with a small selection of game knick knacks: Ghost from Destiny, some Mass Effect pops, some Lego and Gears of War collectibles. I’m not generally huge on statues and collectibles and things like that, but I have accumulated a little bit of fun stuff over the years.

More music CDs! They’re actually not in alphabetical order, which kills me, but a couple years back I had some serious water damage in the basement and had to evacuate my CDs as quickly as possible before they got destroyed, and in that process everything got mixed up and out of order. I’ve since put them back up but I just haven’t had it in me to try and reorganize everything again from scratch.

Sitting area with some Final Fantasy and Mass Effect artwork that I just recently framed and hung.

Lastly, my stereo, CD player, and a lot of walleted CDs, presided over by Snow and Lightning.

Anyone else have a game room, I’d love to see! Show us what you’ve got!

16 Likes

My UK living room:

Series X+Ps5 (Ps4 from D1! and One S no more attached to the tv)

My collection in Italy (old pics, 2014, but pretty much the same today, since I moved I’m all digital basically, when I’ll buy an house here in the UK i’ll bring everything and finalle I can return to feed my eyes):

4 Likes

This is most of mine

4 Likes

Is that “Shining Wisdom” for the Saturn I see there?

The cables…aaargh. :wink:

Yep.

Its the spare room, consoles and games are meant to be played :slight_smile:

As a Mega Drive fan I approve :+1:

1 Like

Nice! One of my greatest regrets was selling that game (along with most of my gaming collection) when I bought a house. I’ve been searching for a ROM of it for years but I’ve only been able to find the Japanese version.

1 Like

The Sega Saturn was and is my fav console ever. I was lucky enough to buy the games when they 1st came out and kept hold of most of them. IMO Shining in the Holy Ark is the best in the Saturn series of Shining games but gets little credit

Haha, you do you :wink: