Sega and Microsoft to create an Alliance

Im with Klob

3 Likes

I think he is right in a sense, like you won’t see any consumer effect immediately. But as game development is mentioned, this could mean more down the line for Xbox.

1 Like

If you mean need more info before making any conclusions, I agree. If you mean this is a cloud partnership, nothing more to see, then I disagree. This significantly deviates from how the other cloud partnerships have gone.

3 Likes

Like… Sony’s? I’m pretty sure Sarah and her role weren’t around then, but I could be wrong, and given Sony didn’t have a relationship with Xbox/gaming on Microsoft’s side, it would make sense for the CEO to be involved with that deal.

1 Like

No it didn’t. It was a next gen console launch exclusive. For like 3 months.

1 Like

So this is basically nothing at the moment correct?

I mean, that is more or less what I said.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say this is nothing, MS would be basically actively participating in the game development environment for the future SEGA games.

2 Likes
2 Likes

No Phil or Greenberg tweet tells me it’s just an Azure deal. Anything more and we’d definitely have gotten a Xbox Wire blog from Phil.

2 Likes

yeah, I think this is more of a business deal and we won’t see anything much except for an awesome game hopefully

Phil is always late to the party

eh, i believe they used the same language with SONY Sony and Microsoft to explore strategic partnership - Stories

I think this is def news we need to calm down about because this isn’t an Xbox deal and more of Sega with Microsoft Azure

I could see it open the door for Xbox to pick up a timed exclusive or a Gamepass deal

This is not small news. Sure, it is not an acquisition, or meaning that all SEGA games will be Day One on Game Pass, but with MS potentially having a hand in development with SEGA through Azure, it might have future implications for games on Xbox by working closely together.

6 Likes

They did announce that their literally going to be working in the game development environment together.

I want to hear more before jumping to conclusions, but itd be pretty hard to convince me that their games would skip Xbox anymore, which makes it more than a business deal right there.

2 Likes

If it’s an Atlus game I’m still expecting their game to skip Xbox

1 Like

Hopefully this is just a first step to see if Microsoft and Sega work together well.

If so, one can only hope this will lead to a full acquisition.

3 Likes

Man I saw the title of the thread and came into this hyped, turned out to be Azure stuff, cool beans but Ehh, not what I expected lol.

2 Likes