Sega and Microsoft to create an Alliance

All this means is Sega will make its “Super game” in Azure while Atlus continues to “Super ignore” the platform. :joy::joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Meh, just some cloud stuff like they have with Sony.

3 Likes

I say too early to say just azure

Xbox is also tied to Azure, so having more consumer services using Azure is actually great news for Xbox as well.

2 Likes

After the success Sega sees with this, Atlas will be making cloud games :rofl:

1 Like

I mean, Atlus saw big success with Persona 4 golden on steam and still it isn’t on switch yet, and P5/P5R is nowhere to be seen either. They just work differently it appears. :sweat_smile:

Strategic Partner first than later MS will buy the gaming division if everything goes smoothly :phil_lmao:

2 Likes

For us, yeah.

1 Like

Final take: need to hear more, but there’s plenty left to hear.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I’m mistaken but didn’t Spencer say that there are opportunities with the cloud for game preservation when he was talking to Kinda Funny?

I don’t have time to go through the podcast at the moment but I think I will try later tonight because it’s going to bug me.

Also isn’t pumping up the share price detrimental to buying the company if that was a plan? So maybe this tells us that with this news coming out in this official capacity that there is no intention to buy them?

Here a idea let Sega use Azure for free in exchange for them putting their entire game catalog onto gamepass.

1 Like

With what millie said about Microsoft getting a 3rd party exclusive what if it was related to this?

I can’t answer those questions. But I can point out that in other areas of the business, Microsoft has partnered with companies, grew their business with them and eventually bought them. That actually happens a lot, especially as a platform owner (which they are with Azure and also with the Xbox and Windows stores). You’ll see this a lot throughout industries, two companies I know do this all the time is Salesforce and IBM.

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if persona 6 skips xbox. Older persona games. Yeah not sure if they’ll come.

2 Likes

They’re still a small studio. Most of the p5 team split into p6 and SMTV. But no idea why they can’t get other teams to work on them

Looks like Sarah Bond made this happen if Phil ever retire or step down for some reason i think she would be the next head of Xbox.

5 Likes

now thats an interesting development to wake up to in the morning

2 Likes

I’ll believe something is happening when Sega releases Persona 5 on xbox .

1 Like

At the very least this should mean Sega games don’t skip Xbox, right?

watch the Take two deal be the exact same kinda partnership using azure

1 Like