Sega and Microsoft to create an Alliance

Get a new exclusive IP from the Yakuza team would be cool

5 Likes

That may be possible. Let’s not forget Xbox had Yakuza: LAD as a console launch exclusive.

4 Likes

As far as we know right now, this really doesn’t do anything for Xbox players.

Im going to believe.

I think it will never happen (seems like that type of game belongs to the past sadly) but I wish that SEGA would bring back Panzer Dragoon.

I still have fond memories of Panzer Dragoon Orta on the OG Xbox

8 Likes

Not a bad idea. Considering the contract troubles they have been having with Judgment apparently, I think they will replace that with a new IP and alternate between the new IP and the mainline Yakuza series. Would also be beneficial to both sides to partner, RGG gets more resources, Xbox fills a gap in their lineup.

5 Likes

Sonic MMO you heard it here first.

1 Like

MS kinda tried with Crimson Dragon at the start of the Xbox One… I think it was bogged down by Kinect and microtransaction BS though, don’t remember, I only played it for a couple levels.

1 Like

Iirc, CAPCOM Vancouver was actually working on a new IP with Xbox, but when CAPCOM themselves saw what it was they were appalled and had them immediately scrap the project.

The DR4 that was released was the safest pitch Vancouver could give that would guarantee the green light.

The way I look at it, Capcom were the problem.

SEGA up 5.82%

2 Likes

Lmao, just came across this, too bad Nagoshi is leaving SEGA:

1 Like
4 Likes

Strategic for Sega, pump up their value, then sell high to Microsoft :shushing_face:

1 Like

That game…

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Those type of games are a tough sell these days.

I’m a huge Panzer Dragoon fan, that game was ass

1 Like

Yeah Capcom themselves were also pretty bad around that time. They’ve really cleaned themselves up since about when Monster Hunter World launched though, I think they’d be willing to take on a new actual DR now, especially with MS funds.

3 Likes

I think this misses some of the differences in the agreements. The Sony, Microsoft deal was not led by the person responsible for bringing content to Xbox. It also did not involve their help in building games. This is a strategic alliance not a partnership for cloud service only.

6 Likes

I agree with that, Sarah Bond seems to be leading this initiative, and the partnership mentions game development as well, which has an impact on Xbox as well. Also, like Brad Sams was saying, it could lead to something more.

8 Likes

We just need to keep willing an aquisition into existence, itll happen eventually lmao

7 Likes